Chapter 7

Chapter 7

George had thought it over all that evening and was still thinking the same thing the following morning. How could someone in charge of Christmas and someone in charge of Valentine's Day fix anything in the area of Halloween?

It was over another unappealing breakfast when George finally decided that it didn't matter. If these people could help him figure things out then he would let them.

"Sire, the representatives from the other Holidaze are here to see you," Phineas said as he swept into the room.

"I'll head out to see them now," George replied.

"I wouldn't rush, Sire, I doubt the representations will have knowledge of what is going on in our world," Phineas sniffed contemptuously.

"Let's give them the benefit of that doubt. I'll go and meet them," George said glad to leave his breakfast behind.

Cupid and Sander stood looking around them in fascination and George had to wonder if they'd ever visited here before. If anyone understood, it was George, who'd never seen anything like this place either when he first came here.

"There you are," Devinah said as she met George on the stairs.

"It's not like I've got anywhere else to be," George grouched even though it pleased him to see her.

"Very true. Let's greet our guests."

Sander and Cupid greeted them with warmth and Devinah wasted no time before getting to the point. She led them over to the now covered petting zoo. Nobody had known what else to do with it.

"So, let's look at this petting zoo," Sander said as he peered around the Holidaze.

"It's not the cheeriest place, is it?" Cupid mused.

"It's Halloween, so it's supposed to look all spooky," Devinah defended the realm.

"I must admit that you look like you fit in here with that crazy hair and make-up of yours," Cupid said as he looked at Devinah, "you fit in better than he does."

"Stop insulting George, especially here. All of his advisors may not have liked the petting zoo but they are loyal and will defend him," Devinah warned.

"I don't think so," George argued.

"They would."

"Alright, why don't you show us what went wrong?" Sander interrupted.

"The magic went askew because this," Devinah unveiled the so not haunted house, "appeared instead of our super spooky house."

Neither Cupid or Sander could hold back their exclamations at the cheery petting zoo amongst the spooky houses and moaning cemetery. The cute animals stood out as everything wrong with the Halloween Holidaze.

"Unbelievable," Sander exclaimed.

"But a little bit on the funny side," Cupid snickered.

Devinah glowered at him, "it's not humorous at all."

"Are you sure you built a haunted house?" Sander asked.

"Yes," Devinah snapped.

Sander said nothing else as he wandered around the petting zoo. He peered at everything and occasionally he'd touch something, whether it be the animals or the fencing holding them. When he arrived at the petting zoo sign, he stopped and frowned at it.

"What's going on?" Devinah asked.

"There's something familiar here," Sander mused.

"What does that mean?"