Chapter 17

Rosalind's POV-

"What about?"

"Please don't freak out?"

"Babe just tell me."

I pause and take a deep breath. Just spit it out Rosalind. Just spit it out.

"Beth told me I have to drink your blood once a month. If I don't I can become dangerous and risk the chance of hurting Nathaniel or anybody else. I don't want that."

"Okay."

Okay? Okay? Is that all?! I got scared over nothing?!? Chill Rosalind, chill.

"When do you need it?" he questions.

"I don't know maybe now would be good."

"Okay, enjoy." He says and winks at me.

He's an idiot. But he's my idiot. And I love him for that.

I roll my eyes at him and extend my fangs. I get up from my sitting position and walk towards him. He exposes his neck and waits for me to do what I have to do. Slowly, I sink my fangs into the skin of his neck and immediately feel a buzz from the blood. Yum. I drink a bit taking precaution. I don't want to hurt him.

"Thank You." I give him a kiss on the cheek and lick the bit of blood left on his neck, causing him to moan and I smirk.

"Anytime babe."

Quickly, I begin to shuffle around and get my stuff ready. I need to meet with Beth seeing as she might've just forgotten about me.

"I have to go." I state.

Lucian comes up to me and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"Do well but don't hurt yourself you got that?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. Now go kick some ass."

He pushes me out the door and I run over to Beth's room. Before I get a chance to knock the door opens leaving I'm with my hand in the air being really awkward.

"I was just about to get you!" She says.

"Sure you were. Now, come on let's go!"

¶4 Months Later¶

Blood. It surrounds us all. It's in our clothes, hair, bodies, and fur. It's sickening, even for someone like me. That's how it's been these past four months. A bloody hell. After a few rogue attacks during the first two months of training suddenly all hell broke loose. We never did get to finish training and everyone is in danger. I got to master my powers but not to my best abilities. None of us were ready when the war started. We still don't know exactly how it all happened but it did. Now life is not life anymore. It is a battlefield and you have to fight to survive. We take shifts to sleep, the children under 13 years of age along with the pregnant women now live underground in a few secret rooms we had built scattered in different areas underneath the pack houses. All the Alphas and Alpha females have to plan out strategies and deal with all of the statistics. I along with the head warriors wolves of each pack are always up front fighting off the rogues. In the beginning there were about two thousand, now there are only about five hundred left of them. With all of our packs combined we had about five hundred more men than the rogues but now we are down to about a thousand men. Most of the people we have lost were the younger teenagers and older men. We are becoming weak but the rogues are too. I'm surprised it has lasted this long. In the beginning I thought it would all be over in just a month. I was wrong. The rogues had been well trained and had some amazing battle strategies that we never expected them to know which made it a little complicated for us. We don't give up though. I have been injured at times when I use too much of my power and can't keep my guard up very well. It's becoming more and more difficult as we lose men. Lucian has been fighting nonstop and is being worn down. It worries me how many people we have lost. I don't need anymore losses.

•----------2 weeks later-----------•

It all happened so quickly. I can't believe I am even alive to explain it all. I should be dead. Like him. No. Nathaniel would be alone if I died. I can't leave him.

Two nights ago I was woken up by Zachary. He looked alarmed and seemed to hold pain deep within his eyes. He was hurting and I knew it. I had quickly asked him what it was that happened but he couldn't get the words out. Every time he tried no sound would come out of his mouth. He was still in shock. I kept asking him and after about ten, maybe twenty minutes he was able to tell me. Lucian was dead. They killed him right in front of him. He tried to stop them but he too was weak from all the fighting. After they killed him... All the other rogues simply left. It was all over. Except they were supposed to kill me instead. But they killed my mate knowing that his death would kill me easily. Neither side won. Everything just suddenly stopped. The moment Zachary had told me what had occurred I ran outside fully alert and the first thing I see is my dead mate lying on the floor surrounded by not only his blood, but of the rogues and other fighters as well. I ran to him as fast as I could and when I got there I tried to heal him, to bring him back to me. To call onto his spirit, but it was far gone. I was too late. All I could do was sit there and cry until they took me away from him. I once more took a look around at my surroundings.

Blood. It was everywhere. It disgusted me. There were many dead bodies lying on the ground being picked up. All of those in hiding were released and so I quickly went looking for Nathan. It took me about two hours to find him. After I did I quickly grabbed him hugged him so tight telling him how much I loved him. I took him to a secret cabin in the woods I would go to when I was little. I haven't been there in years but now it's the one place I know that Nathaniel and I will be safe. It won't be a permanent home but it will have to for the time being. After I dropped Nathaniel off there with Beth and Mike to watch over him, I went to the hospital to help heal all the injured people.

Last night I talked to the moon goddess. I gave up my powers. I am once again just a wolf and vampire. I look like the old me again. My brown hair is back. My hazel eyes don't change color. I am me again. My mate might be dead but I'm clearly not. It might hurt but I know that I will get through it. I will do it for Nathaniel and I will do it for myself and the small child growing within me. We will survive. I know it.