Chapter 12

Lucian's POV-

I look at my beautiful mate sleeping and can't help but smile at how lucky I am to have her. I enjoyed watching the constellations with her and our duet at the beginning of the campfire. To be honest I have begun to love her more than I ever imagined. Of course I can't tell her that or she will kick my ass but once we are able to solve our issues then I'll make sure she knows how I feel about her. I have to admit that at first I didn't want her because I thought she wasn't Luna material but she's proven me wrong there and I can't believe myself that afterwards I only wanted her because I knew she would be a powerful wolf and I'm disappointed in myself for that... But now I really have developed these feelings for her and don't want her because I see her as great Luna material nor the fact that she's a strong wolf... But because she has somehow managed to steal my heart without my noticing... And I don't mind it one bit. Yes I know, I sound like a lovesick puppy. More whipped than whipped cream but I can't help it. I want to be able to hold her when she feels down and I want to make sure I'm here for her no matter what. I want to be as overprotective as a brother to her, as fun to be around as her best friend, and as loving and caring to her like her parents, but in another level of course.

Suddenly Rose begins to stir under me and whispers something I can't quite place out.

"Pup." She whispers.

"Must save pup." She repeats louder and opens her eyes making eye contact with me but quickly breaking it.

"I need to go! I need to go save my pup." She says.

"My pup, I can't allow them to harm him." She repeats standing up from the bed and pacing around the room.

"Rose calm down please. What pup? What do you mean 'save my pup'?"

"The rogues! They have my pup! They want to harm him! Lucian they want to harm my pup!" She yells frantically.

At the mention of rouges my alpha abilities emerge.

"What rouges? Where? What pup?" I asked concern lacing my every word.

"East woods, I need to go get my son!" She yells and I freeze... Son?

"Son? Y-you have a son?" I ask hurt.

"I need to go find my son Lucian I'll explain everything later." She says and walks out of the room. I quickly get dressed and follow her outside. Once I get outside I notice she is walking into the woods.

"Rose wait!" I shout.

She ignores me and continues to walk wherever she's headed.

I run and am able to catch up to her.

"Where are you headed? There's no rogues in the East woods. I had some pack members on scout inform me of anything and so far they have had no sightings." I explain.

"They're coming. They're not here yet. But they're coming. But my pup, he's here and he's waiting for me. I need to find him before the rogues get here. The attack will be happening sooner rather than later Lucian. We need to prepare for this war." She says.

"Ok but can you please explain what you mean by your pup. I wasn't aware that you had a son."

She sighs and continues walking turning at the places she needs to get to her destination.

"There's a pup in the woods. He's lost and rogues have killed his mother and father. His mother had told him that whatever woman is nice and took care of him first then that would be his new mother. It's my duty to help this pup. I knew his mother. I need to do her this favor. It's the least I could do for everything she has ever done for me. Last night the pup called out to me seeing as I was the closest female to him who sent off a good aura and who he felt connected to so he sent me a view of his surroundings along with a message. He was asking for my help and that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to help him but I'm also going to raise him as my own. Whether you like it or not." She states.