35

KEHLANI

We barely talk now. It's always work, home, fuck, sleep and repeat.

This was probably the only free time we've had all week.

We've been staying at my house just because he 'doesn't want me to stay by myself' but I know it's the complete opposite.

He's only told me briefly about the argument with his dad 4 days ago and it doesn't help that i'm going to Miami in two days for Adora's birthday.

I know he's hurting, it seems like he always is now. If I could take away his pain I would. I just wish he would talk to me.

"Babe..." I sit on my kitchen counter and he stands in between my legs. It gives me deja vu since this was where our first kiss was.

"Hm?" He asks, looking down at his phone.

Of course.

"I got Aidan a spot in one of my dad's friend's basketball teams. It's really good and could be a great opportunity for him." I tell him.

"I appreciate that mama, i'll tell him I know he'll be happy." He says, still looking down at his phone. His voice sounds unfazed and his body language says the same thing.

Okay then.

"I just thought you would be a little happier, it took a while for me to do that for him." I sigh, adjusting his face to look up to me with his chin.

"I am, I said I really appreciate it." He replies before looking back down at his phone.

I snatch it out of his hands and put it down on the counter. He sighs before looking back up to me.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"You. What's up?" I ask, tilting my head. He leans in and kisses me before leaving a sloppy trail from my face to my neck.

He slowly lifts my crop top and nips on my nipple since I wasn't wearing a bra. A moan escapes my lips which drives his hands to travel to my upper thigh.

I stop him and slowly pull away even though I would love to continue.

"Sex isn't going to escape your way out of this conversation." I sigh, moving his hand away.

He pauses as his phone starts to ring. I check the caller which says Zariah.

I mug him before attempting to get off the counter but he stops me and answers the phone.

"Right now?" He says over the phone. "This really can't wait?"

I try to get off the counter again but he blocks me entirely.

"Alright im on my way." He says before ending the call and putting his phone in his pocket.

"So you're leaving?" I scoff.

"I have to 'Lani." He replies.

"You know if we was fucking you would've made time though." I say, folding my arms. He doesn't reply because he knows i'm right.

"Who's Zariah?" I ask him since i've never heard that name before.

"You might know her as 'Za' she just somebody me and Kano work with." He explains.

"Za is a girl? That's the one you're always seeing?" I ask him and he nods.

"Baby it's not like that, she makes me a lot of money." He sighs.

"I didn't even know you worked with a woman Amir." I get off the counter and this time he doesn't stop me.

"What you want me to do the fuck?" He says louder. I turn to him, scrunching my face.

"You right, we not together anyway." I scoff walking up to my room. I immediately regret what I said but it's too late.

I stare at the door, expecting him to walk through but instead I hear the front door close with a slam.

AMIR

"Why would you leave if you knew she was mad?" Zariah asked me and I shrugged before taking another pull.

"She said we ain't even together right?" I scoff. I don't usually tell people my relationship shit but Za, she was really some therapist or some shit.

"You know she was just saying that out of anger, this all on you bro." She chuckles. I brush her off before exhaling the smoke.

"Well we're done here, just go and make it up to her." She replies and I shrug.

"One of the venders for the alcohol said their might be a delay, he's sorry for the inconvenience." One of Zariah's workers says to her.

"Alright, thank you." She sighs and the workers walk off.

"Why you stressin'?" I ask her.

"We have a event tonight." She replies and I nod.

"Kasey gonna be here?" I ask her.

"You know he's always at these events." She replies, chuckling.

"I'll slide through."

"Nah, you need to get home to your girl." She laughs before taking another pull.

"Man we need a break anyway after today." I shrug.

"You're always working with me and Kasey, you've had enough breaks. What are you really running away from  Amir?" She retorts.

"That shit ain't your business." I suck my teeth, looking away.

"So why you here telling me?" She asks, chuckling. I start to laugh too and we laugh together. This is why we could never argue, she don't take shit seriously.

"Amir I swear if you fuck up with that girl tonight." She sighs, standing up.

I won't.

5 hours later

"Let's get fucked uppp New Yorkkk!" Kasey's loud ass screams through the mic. I chuckle quietly to myself.

Zariah came in with 3 more women in the private section. I sigh, attempting to stand up but one of the girls push me back down.

"Where you going baby?" One of the girls say in a seductive tone.

"I got a girl fuck out my face." I scoff, standing up again. She rubs my stomach and sits me back down.

She's lucky I was high as fuck , I could barely walk anyway.

"Get off of him Keisha damn. I'll be right back, don't do nothing." She sighs, walking out the section.

I decide on finishing this so it don't blow my high before leaving. I take one more pull just to see 'Keisha' back up in my face.

Another girl rubs up on my face whilst Keisha attempts to sit on my lap.

The other girl kisses me and I stand up quickly.

"What if I did that shit to you?" I shout at the group and they all look at each other  in embarrassment.

"Weird as fuck." I scoff, walking out the area. I bump into Zariah who definitely already guessed what happened.

"I told you not to come." She sucks her teeth before walking back inside.