48

KEHLANI

Amir has never missed any of my appointments. Not one.

He wasn't picking up his phone and I had no idea where he was. Kasey or Darrel wasn't picking up either.

I would call Za but we had no contact whatsoever, Amir forbade it for some reason.

"Would you like to start ma'am?" The Doctor asks who was waiting for me. He knows Amir is usually with me and decided we should wait a while before starting but I guess he was busy.

I would've called Adora but she was in Milan for a runaway shoot. She's always doing something.

"I'm okay with that." I reply and he nods. I lift my shirt and he applies the cold gel over my stomach.

We've been through this enough times.

"Would you like to know the gender?" He asks
me and I think for a while. Me and Amir decided we didn't want to know but I was so curious.

"Hmm, no thank you. I'll wait." I decide and the doctor gives me a smile.

AMIR

"This is some bullshit." I scoff before lighting up the spliff. I don't even want to check my phone because I know i'll feel like shit.

"You checked on your girl?" Kasey asks me and I sigh, wiping my face with both hands.

"She had a doctor appointment and I missed it 'cause of this shit." I reply.

"I'a drop you off if you want." He says but I decline. Nobody is knowing where this house as.

"Nah I got a uber on the way." I say and he nods. We finish the spliff and the 'uber on the way' came in about 20 minutes.

I dapped him up before getting out of the car and transferring to the Uber. In 40 minutes home and each time i'm closer it scares me more.

I didn't wear the pants in the relationship that was for sure. She was pregnant and aggy and her attitude was through the roof.

I walked in the house but everything was dark. I called her name out but got no answer. I jogged up the stairs and into our room.

We moved in with each other a month ago so I knew she had to have been here.

But she wasn't.

I open the bathroom door and there my beautiful wife was. With a mug on her face.

"I'm so sorry mama it wasn't my fault." I say, walking over to hug her but she blocks it.

"I need to see your cousin, she's waiting for me." She says with a clear attitude and I sigh.

Over the months she's gotten closer with my family and I love that for us.

"The cops scooped us up, they're reopening Darrel's case and we was suspects. They took us from the office, I didn't miss that on purpose."

"What?" She turns to me sharply. "Amir you said no more of that shit." She says softer.

"I know baby, there won't be. I was careful. It's just me,you and our child." I say, putting my hand over her stomach now and she smiles.

She put on weight but only I would know because i'm always fucking her. It's hard to tell that she's showing even though we're soon to be six months but her mom says she was the same when she was pregnant.

"I hated doing that alone."

"You won't ever have to again I promise you that." I say and she kisses me. I wrap my arms around her waist but she pulls away.