52

AMIR

Before everyone woke up me and Kehlani wanted to go get breakfast. I honestly felt bad, she walked so weirdly and her neck, her neck was covered with my marks.

We was both really tired and we needed the energy. Fucking all night had its cons for the morning after.

"Your ring." I remind her, pointing at the two rings that were on the bedside table.

I didn't give a fuck about the promise one, that promise has been sealed. As long as she wore her engagement ring everywhere then I was happy.

"I knowww, stop stressing." She chuckles before kissing my lips. She put both rings on before we was ready to leave.

She scanned the menu twice before looking up at me. Why are women like this?

"I'm getting this with just water." I point at a certain meal and she smiles. Whenever we eat somewhere she always has to know what i'm getting before she orders something.

"Okay thank you." She says and I nod. I see someone walking in our direction and the woman looks extremely familiar.

We order but it's taking unusually long. She decides to go up and ask but I do instead since she's pregnant and i'm madly in love with her so i'll do anything to make her life easier.

Just as I ask to check on my food I see someone walking in my direction and once the figure is clearer, the woman looks extremely familiar.

"Amir, it's me, Diane." She boasts and I scrunch my face up. "Don't tell me you don't remember."

"Nah I don't."

"High school, behind the bleachers." She chuckles and so do I once I remember. I stop laughing because I realise it looks so bad and Kehlani is most likely watching.

"What are you doing here?" She asks me and I look back to Kehlani where she is pretending to be on her phone.

She would be a good actor though.

"It was my fiancé's birthday yesterday." I reply and I slightly see the side of Kehlani's mouth form into a smile.

She isn't slick at all.

"Ohh, fiancé. Congratulations." She replies with a small smile and I nod.

"Appreciate it." I reply bluntly and she takes the hint. Finally.

"It was nice seeing you again, see you later." She says, touching my arm. I eye her hand and she quickly takes it off before walking off.

In front of my girl too?

By the time i'm back our meals is already on the table. I clear my throat before sitting down but apparently she has nothing to say.

"Do you want me to explain how I know her?" I ask her and she looks up from my phone.

"I don't care." She replies and I chuckle. She's not even good at playing it off.

"We used to mess around in high school, that's it. You heard the whole conversation anyway." I explain to her.

"You told me you was a virgin." She replies tilting her head.

"I won't lie it slipped my mind, we only fucked like twice I didn't even remember her." I reply and she simply nods.

Hopefully this doesn't spoil the trip.

"You know I don't like that silence shit, just say what's on your mind."

"How could you not remember that? What else haven't you remembered?" She asks and I sigh. "I'm not stressing over it, like I said I don't care." She repeats.

"Kehlani." I call out and she looks at me with a smile.

"I don't know what else you want." She says before taking a bite off her taco. Why is she so hard to read?

DAMIEN

I thought this would take my mind off everything but honestly the girl wasn't even that good and it was irritating me how she used too much teeth at times.

I tap her back, gesturing for her to get up and she does.

"What? You didn't like it?" She asks me as I tuck my dick back in my sweatpants.

"Nah shorty, you gotta get out of here." I reply and she walks out in embarrassment without another word.

I didn't even get to finish yet.

I wrap my hand around my dick and start to stroke it but the door busts wide open. Three masked men with pistols aim at me shouting.

The bitch set me up.

"Get on the ground fuck ass nigga." One of them shouts and I do slowly. I didn't even have nothing on me so I couldn't do shit.

He yanked the chain off of my neck as the other two fuck up the house, searching for things to get.

I try to disarm the nigga with the gun but he pistolwhips me, causing me to fall back onto the couch.

He starts kicking my face but the other two are back with full duffel bags and signal for the group to leave.

"Fuck you and that pussy Jason." One of them says, laughing and in seconds they're gone.

It's been four-five months since my cousin Jason died. He was problematic and arrogant and he always tried to be cool with everybody, regardless of who was opps with who.

This fucked up our relationship because he was closer with Rico's niggas and I wasn't. I made a lot of money under Kano's wing who worked for Darrel.

"Fuck!" I shout, punching the wall besides me. Things like this never happened ever since Darrel started running shit.

I don't know how niggas could run up in here without Darrel either knowing or orchestrating it. Everybody knew me and Jason were cousins so it would make sense.

That means I had to confront him about it. I've never met Darrel upfront, i'd talk to him through Kano and vice versa.

And I had know idea how to get through to him face-to-face. Ace or whatever that nigga's real name is was a ghost, literally so I know I couldn't get through to him at all.

I knew where his niece worked at but I wasn't dumb enough to pull up there again, Darrel was scary but that nigga was scarier.

I sat, thinking of what just happened and what I could do to solve it. I called Kano a couple of times but it was sent to voicemail straight away.

It was probably a burner phone anyway.

I searched the house looking for things that they took. Nothing much, only my jewellery collection. I didn't keep nothing here, Kano been taught me not to keep all my money in the same place.

It wasn't nothing I couldn't get back but it was the principle of the situation.

I need to find who that nigga was.