67

KEHLANI

LONGER AND EDITED VERSION
DONT FORGET TO VOTE

I looked at the side of my head in the mirror, checking the cut that started from my bed to the top of my cheekbone.

"It isn't that bad." I mumble to myself before letting out a deep sigh. It looked like a lion had tried to scrape me.

The cut was slightly long, deep and I had a few scratches on my cheek too. I regretted fighting. It should've never happened. I was a mother and I was a grown ass woman, fighting didn't do anything to help me.

I walk into the living room where my mom was playing with Ajani. He was such a bubbly child, always active and smiling.

"Here comes the heavyweight champion." My mom jokes, putting on a commentator voice. I cut my eye at her before a laugh escapes me even though I tried to hold it in.

"Ma." I suck my teeth before trying to take my baby from her hands but she slaps my hand away. "Can I have my child please?"

"What? You gonna fight me too?" She comments causing me to roll my eyes. "You not too old to get a beating you know that?"

"Mommy can I please have my child?"

"Your fiancé dropped off some stuff for you and Ajani in the morning, I already fed and changed him now go and get your stuff, clean up so we can have this conversation you've been dodging." She says but I stay stuck on the fact that Amir was here.

Now I felt like shit.

"He came here? When?" I ask her and she glances at me even though I can't really put my finger on what that look meant.

She looks down at the Rolex my dad gave her before looking up at me. "3 hours ago, around 8." She replies.

That's strange because he knows I don't wake up early and he doesn't work on Sundays. He says 'God rested on the seventh day and so should he'.

"Where is it?"

"In your closet. He went up there himself, im surprised you didn't wake up." She says. I was knocked out from all of yesterday's antics.

"Thank you, i'll get him once I'm done." I tell her before pecking her cheek and Ajani's and running up the stairs like I was a kid again.

I opened the closet and there was a small black duffel bag which was already open. There was some of my products and neatly folded clothes, causing me to smile.

Smiling very hard actually.

He didn't forget anything I used in the morning, at all.

AMIR

"Is the trunk clean?" I ask Damien as I look around the area. We was in some type of deserted area in New York.

"As hell." He says before popping his trunk, showing me a filthy clean trunk U looked closer for any specks of blood or anything that could get us arrested but it looked clean enough.

I nod before dapping him up. "Preciate it, I got money in my car for you." I reply before we both walk over to my car.

"I heard you were done with all this, they saying you got a kid now and you out the game for good." Damien says.

"I'm just holding it down 'till Darrel comes back." I shrug, passing him a bag of money.

"What about Kano?"

"Kano is good at making money but he doesn't make the smartest decisions." I tell him truthfully. It was true. He was too sensitive and took things so personal.