61

AMIR

"Open up that cell let that boy out of jaill." Zariah sings, laughing her ass off as I walk out the jail. I should be at home with my wife and my son right now.

"Appreciate it." I tell her, dapping her up. "Where's D at?"

"Nobody knows. But you're good I just want my bail money back." She says to me, putting her hand out.

"I'll pull up to the club tomorrow and give you cash." I tell her and she nods. "So nobody really know where Darrel's gone?"

"He's either gone incognito or the rest of Ro's people got to his ass." She says so insensitively.

"Mind how you're talking about my nigga, i'm sure he's good." I retort, scrunching my face up.

"Yeah, it's Darrel. He'll cut his tongue out before he let a opp shoot him." Zariah quotes causing me to shake my head.

"It's 'he'll cut his tongue out before he snitches' dumbass." I reply, sucking my teeth.

"Whatever, you want a ride home?"

"I'm good, thank you." I tell her and she nods before getting into her car. She gives me a wave and returns one before speeding off.

Fuck.

I call a uber which is here longer than I wanted to go back to my house. I didn't have a car, I didn't know where the hell it was.

This was about to me my third car that would be abandoned because of sugarhill's stupid rivalry which pissed me off.

I was supposed to done with this bullshit a long ass time ago.

(I low-key forgot about their dog)

I was greeted by Rosco (I think that's his name) first who's tail was wagging violently as he ran up to me. He was a good dog and he wasn't aggressive with Ajani, I was developing a liking for him.

He was really all for Kehlani, I never liked dogs but he was cool. I scratched him for a while until he got bored and ran off somewhere.

I felt nasty as fuck and I needed a shower. I didn't want to disrupt anyone though until I was out of this state. I don't even know if Kehlani knew I was in a jail cell all night.

I opened Ajani's door slowly and he was sound asleep, unlike Kehlani I wouldn't be able to know when he'd wake up.

Only she did, she had some motherly senses. Why the baby was crying, when the baby was about to wake up, how he wants to be held.

I was new to this and most times I didn't know what the fuck I was doing but I was still learning.

I took a shower in the second bathroom before doing anything to waste time. I didn't want to go in there and wake her up, I didn't want to answer any questions she had.

I've been thinking about what Darrel said all night and how much sense it made. I was trying to connect the dots, trying to force myself to believe that it was purely a accident but something kept telling me it wasn't.

I couldn't even look at her because I know I felt different about her. I just wished we could forget and go back to normal, before any of this. But of course, this is reality.

"You make too much noise." She says as I walk into the bedroom. This girl can sleep through a whole shootout but the one day I want to avoid her, she wakes up.

Once I see her, genuinely take her in I feel a pit at the bottom of my stomach. I couldn't feel the love I had for her anymore, I felt like she betrayed me.