killin in the name [11]

Walking out the mansion front door of the mansion. I saw slender 'looking' out into the woods. Standing next him, I felt a small buzz of static under my skin. Instead of pain and horror it was somewhat comforting.
"I'm sorry for earlier, even if I can't remember what happened." I muttered. A tentacle placed itself on my shoulder in a reassuring gesture,
"It's fine y/n, it's not your fault."
"Then who's fault is it?" I questioned turning my head to look up at him.
"I can not tell you, you have to find out yourself and we will be here when you do," He stated moving his tentacle, "Now please go do your solo mission." Then turning around he walked into the mansion. Taking a deep breath in, with modified baseball bat and mask in hand I began the treck to the target.
It was quiet. No birds sang in the forest, to scared of the creatures that lurked. The only sound was the crunching of leaves and twigs under my feet. I hummed along to tune and looked up throught the gaps of trees. The blue sky was cloudless from where I was. Trees then started thinning out as a long dirt path came into view.
Stopping I crouched down behind a bush. At the end of the path a large 2 story house and a barn could be seen. The barn was a stereotypical red and looked wooden, however the house was a dull, dirty off-white.
Placing my mask on, I ignored.
I ignored humans are living and breathing people.
I ignored they had lives.
I ignored they breath the same air as me, lived in the same country, lived in the same state !?
I ignored.
This wasn't a person. This was a target.
And I needed to hit the bullseye.

Slowly teaching up to thr house, I felt a small shift in the air. Like a zap of electricity causing my eye to tic. My breathing was loud and heavy. Scaling round the house I went to the back door. It was unlocked. An image was then planted in my head. 2nd room on the right. Old man. 43 years old. No family. No friends. Perfect.
Zoning back in I realised I was at the bottom at the stairs. Slowly I began walking up them, avoiding where I assumed all the creaks and groans would be. When I reached the top, I was tackled. A sharp jolt of pain ran up my leg, as my ankle twisted and snapped. Hitting the floor, I held in a scream of pain and tried to move away, when a strong pressure weighed my chest down. It was the man. He had short greying hair and brown eyes. A beard that hadn't been trimmed in a long time. The shirt he wore was covered in random and unknown stains and his jeans where loose around his legs. Grabbing the horn on my mask he ripped it of my face and threw it. Lifting his fist up he brought down on my nose. A loud CRACK echoed in the hallway as blood slowly dripped from my now broken nose. He grabbed my collar and brought me up to his face. His breath stunk and I fought the urge to gag.
"I'm not letting him kill me, not today, not ever." He spat in my face, throwing my head down with a bang. Eye sight growing blurry, I had to think of something and quick. He pulled me up again and I bit his nose. I threw my head to side and ripped his nose off. Blood spewed out and he clutched his face in pain. He screamed a flurry of curse words. I limped over and grabbed my baseball bat. I need a name for it. Let's think about that later. With a manic smile I laughed out,
"Well looks like your dying today mister!" Lifting up my bat over my head I brought it down on his skull. Again and gain and again. When I was finished I dropped my bat on the floor. Brain matter was splattered on the cream coloured walls and slid down, landing onto the floor with a quiet splat. The man's head was completely gone, the only thing that was left was smooshed gore. My eyes began watering as I felt something irritate them.
"Piece of fucking skull in my eye." I mumbled, flicking the small piece at the man. I kicked his side and walked over to the room he was meant to be in. Pushing the door open, my eyes widened. The walls where covered in newspaper articles and self taken Polaroids and print out pictures. Dozens of note's where attached to some of the pictures with cliché red strings attaching them all toghether. Going closer to the main wall, I saw an article that caught my eye.

David Ward's mental institution mysteriously burned down leaving no survivor's

David ward ? The name flicked a switch in my mind. Blood. Pain. Screams. I felt blood slowly trickle down from my nose and I wipped it away, but it continued to run. Hearing a creak from close behind I spun around, but before seeing who it was, I was hit with a blunt object, rendering me unconscious.