10.

My every move was watched. Sirius was attached to my hip, he started spending the night in our dorm. Every corner I turned Regulus and Evan were watching me. I was going to lose my mind.

"Study in the yard?" Remus asked while we all sat in the common room. James, Remus, Peter and Marls sat on the couch, Lily occupied the chair adjacent while Sirius and I laid on the floor right in front of the fire.

"It's snowing." James pointed out. I raised my eyebrows.

"Do you want the homework for this week?" I shot at James, he shrugged.

"That's what I thought." Remus stood up and stuck his hand out for me. I took it and he pulled me off the floor. We disappeared into their dorm.

"What's up with you?" He asked, I shrugged. He smirked as he plopped down on his bed. I sat next to him. "C'mon Vix. What is it?"

"You have to promise you're going to stay posh." I half joked. He rolled his eyes.

Truth be told, I loved when Remus dropped his fake posh accent. He spent so much time mimicking us when we first got here because he felt like an outcast. Kids raised with so much etiquette it made you want to vomit, he felt like a stay. He started to talk like us, act like us, dress like us, but it wasn't him. He was the little Welsh boy we took under our wings right away. I loved when he's slang slipped into conversation, or when he got going so fast the accent slipped. I knew he was still my Moony

"Have I ever not been prim and proper with you, dear?"

"Remember when you begged me to kiss you?"

"We said we'd never talk about that again!" I laughed as I leaned on his shoulder. He cracked a smile eventually. "Okay, come on. Out with it."

"Black told me Crouch is coming for me. He told Siri so he's so far up my ass I can't breathe. I have eyes on me all the time now because Black recruited Rosier to protect me I guess. I just want to breathe."

"What does Crouch want with you?"

"I guess he's not too fond of me and Black being friends. Blood traitor and all y'know."

"Friends? That's what you're calling that?" He grinned. I rolled my eyes.

"That's all it is." He raised his eyebrows.

"I'm sure it is V."

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"Potter! Potter!" Rosier hissed behind me as I walked toward the astronomy tower.

"What?" I asked annoyed. I didn't turn to face him.

"Merlin, stop running."

"I'm walking at a normal pace." He grabbed my elbow and spun me around.

"Look, I never intended to like you so I never intended on telling you this, but time makes the heart grow fonder y'know?" I stared at him blankly.

"It's absence makes the heart grow fonder. There has been no absence between us, Rosier."

"I don't think that's the saying."

"It very much is."

"What do you want Rosier?" I groaned. He smirked.

"Reg likes you, like really likes you."

"I've noticed." I replied. He shook his head.

"No, you don't get it Potter. I don't even think he would do this for me and we've been raised together. That's not my point, what I'm trying to say is you need to sic Sirius on Barty before Reg gets the chance. He wants to kill him, Potter."

"How is that at all what-" I paused for a deep breath "I can do that." He smiled at me. I turned and continued my walk.

"I like you Potter." He called after me.

"You mentioned." I climbed the stairs to the tower and met Regulus at the top. I stared at him for a minute before he raised his eyebrows.

"What?" He asked, rather annoyed I hadn't spoken yet.

"Are you going to kill Crouch?" I asked.

Now, look, I wasn't a fan of murder, no one deserved to die. However, sometimes measures have to be taken in order to save others. Crouch was a dick. He's planned my murder twice now, he beat the shit out of my brother and has always been horrible to Lily. He didn't deserve to die, but I wasn't so sure he deserved to live either.

"I'm not going to kill Crouch." Regulus replied after a long beat. I nodded. "I should though."

"Yeah, probably." He cocked his head at me with a grin.

"I should?"

"I mean, morally no. Situation wise, yeah."

"I decide I can't kill the bloody idiot because I've got your nagging little voice in my head saying 'oh Regulus, be the bigger person' and 'oh, Regulus, no one deserves to die' just for you to spin around and say that?" I smiled as he mimicked me. He flailed his arms about and rolled his eyes.

"Merlin, is that what I sound like to you?" I laughed out, he cracked a smile.

"Yeah, pretty much." I laughed harder, I saw him watch me with a smile. A real smile. I collected myself and looked back at him with a smile.

"No one deserve to die, Black." I said, he nodded.

"Some people definitely do."

"He's no older than us."

"Potter, I'm just trying to protect you."

"And why is that?" I asked, he stared at me as if I was stupid. "Out with it."

"I-well, Merlin, Potter just put me on the spot." He took a deep breath as his cheeks flushed red. "I guess, one could say that I fancy you."

"You guess?"

"Yep."

"Interesting. I don't take much liking to lads who just think they fancy me."

"You're impossible."

"No, you're impossible Regulus Black because I quite like you and I'm starting to believe I have for some time now and you can't even decide if you fancy me." I huffed before looking up at him. His mouth was wide open while he stared down at me. I wasn't sure he was even blinking. "Speak."

"Okay, um, well. Potter, I-I," He paused to collect himself.

"Merlin, stop talking." I corrected myself as i stretched up to kiss him. He gladly obliged.