The Accidental Time Travel

"James?" Scorpius's voice echoed through the house. "Ted have you seen James?" he asked his older brother Teddy who was watching television on the couch near the set up christmas tree. All the kids were home from hogwarts for christmas.

"No, he was upstairs with Lily wasn't he?"

"Oh Okay I'll go check" Scorpius said making his way upstairs to their room.

"James, Lily what are you doing?" He asked as soon as he spotted them at the corner of the room.

Both of them turned around and Scorpius saw a familiar necklace in James's Hand "what are you doing?" He asked his eyes widening.

Lily ran to Scorpius and he held her in his arms "Scorps James and I found that in Rose's bag" Lily said pointing at the necklace.

"It's pretty old fashioned but keeping the fact that it belongs to Rose doesn't surprise me" James spoke up inspecting the necklace.

"James put that down" Scorpius said moving forward slowly with Lily in his arms.

"Why? C'mon what if we hide it? It would be fun seeing Rose looking for it" James said when a mischievous grin made its way into his face

"No James put that down, It's not a regular necklace"

"Really? What is it then?" Lily asked. Scorpius opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by Teddy's voice.

"Guys?" All of them looked back to find Teddy,Rose and Hugo. Rose's eyes widened when she spotted the necklace. Hugo moved towards scorpius and lily.

"JAMES" Rose yelled "Give that to me" she ran forward to grab it but James ducked down and held the necklace high "boo-hoo catch me if you can".

James ran and jumped up on the bed. He started messing with the necklace, turning and twisting its rings. Suddenly the necklace started glowing, James panicked and got down the bed. "what-whats happening"

"JAMES NO" Scorpius, Rose yelled and them three ran to James but the light emitting from the necklace became too strong and they all closed their eyes, Lily buried her face in scorpius's neck. James dropped the necklace because there was a sudden electric current that passed through it.

Within seconds all of them thought floor underneath had disappeared and they were falling, they started moving in a spiral and their surroundings became dark. Their was nothing but screaming noise and darkness.

After a moment they fell on a hard floor "OUCH" lily yelled. "Get off me" said rose pushing james away. Hugo looked terrified and grasped onto scorpius's shirt. Scorpius rubbed his head which had hit the floor, held hugo's hand and helped lily up. Rose and James got up too.

"What the fuc-" James started but was cut off by Scorpius "James! Language!". James rolled his eyes "where are we?" he said looking around. "Hogwarts Duh!" Scorpius said rolling his eyes."I know that! but it looks different" James spoke.

"SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU" Rose yelled then shot daggers at James "Do you have any idea what you have done?" she said angrily. James looked scared "what?" he asked. "That thing you were messing with was a bloody time turner!"

"a time turner?" Lily asked.

"Yes a time turner, it's like a time machine, it helps you travel through time." Rose continued still eyeing James angrily.

"O-Oh does that mean-" James started "YES THAT MEANS WE ARE EITHER IN THE PAST OR THE FUTURE! AND ITS ALL YOUR BLOODY FAULT!" she pointed at james furiously. James walked backward terrified of what Rose might do.

"But like cant we go back?"

"NO WE BLOODY CANT BECAUSE I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ERA WE ARE IN!" Rose yelled. "Rose, Rose calm down" Scorpius started "HOW? HOW COULD I CALM DOWN?? WHAT IF WE ARE NEVER ABLE TO GO BACK?!"

"Never?" Lily asked with wide eyes.

"yes..." rose started then looked at james "give me the time turner" she said. He held his arms up "I-I dont have it." Rose narrowed her eyes "what the hell do you mean by you dont have it??"

"I mean i dropped it during the teleporting thingy"

"You did WHAT?!" Rose asked "JAMES SEVERUS POTTER I SWEAR TO MERLIN-"

"Is someone there?" a unknown voice was heard from the other side of the hallway. All of them looked at the voice and their eyes widened.

~~~~~~

"We're home!" hermione yelled entering the house. When their was no noise "Its too bloody silent for it to be any good" Ron spoke. Harry and Draco looked at each other "Teddy?" Draco said in a loud voice. After a minute Teddy came running downstairs looking shocked.

"Teddy? what happened? Where are the kids?" Harry asked concerned. "D-dad i-i James-"

"James? What happened to James" Draco spoke. "James was messing with Rose's time turner...and i-i dont know...before i could do anything all of them were..." Teddy went silent pressing his lips together.

Hermione's eyes widened "what?" "I-I dont know, i am so sorry, it just happened so quickly" teddy spoke in one breath.

Harry stared at Teddy then looked at Draco to find him equally horrified.

A/n

Dun Dun Dun