Chapter 13

The Past - IV

Adira's POV:

"No, dad, he asked me to go with him but I refused because I wanted to focus on my studies," I lied for the nth time to stop my dad from worrying too much.

"You're not just saying that right? You're really happy, right?" Dad asked quietly. I closed my eyes to keep myself from crying.

'I'm so sorry dad, I'm really sorry. I keep lying to you. I hate it when people lie but here I am, lying to the people I love the most. I can't even hate Aiden for this, it was my decision after all.'

I smiled and answered, "Dad, why would I do that? Aiden is really a very loving husband, he just looks cold but he is very nice to me, he cares about me a lot and he keeps calling me several times a day just to make sure that I am okay. He wanted to come back right away but you are aware that his branch office in Russia has been facing a serious issue and he needs to go there."

Dad sighed, "Okay, if you say so. When are you visiting us, your mom and I miss you."

"I really miss you too dad, I will drop by very soon," I assured him. We talked for a while before dad hung up to attend an important meeting.

I stared at the phone screen blankly. For the past six months, I have been lying to my dad on his face and it's breaking my heart. It was a relief that grandpa Luis decided to go on a vacation with grandpa and his other friends, otherwise, I don't know how I would have kept this on. My tears fell as I cried and cried until I felt a little better. I picked up the phone and dialed his number, he picked up on the third ring.

"Hello," his deep voice rang in my ear.

"Hey, how are you?" I said softly, not letting him notice my emotions.

"I am fine, why did you call?" He asked right away.

"When are you going to come back?" I asked in a small voice.

"I don't know," he replied.

"It's been six months, Aiden." I said with a controlled voice as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I have a meeting in a few minutes, let's talk later," he said in a disinterested tone.

It was a lie!

It's not even 7 A.M in Russia and working hours haven't started yet.

"No, ahm, there is no need to talk later, it's nothing, I understand, attend your meeting, bye!" I said and hung up without waiting for an answer.

I was so hurt by his tone of voice. It was like I didn't matter to him at all. I regret calling him. I never called him in the past months because I was afraid he would talk like this.

I laid down in bed and cried. Why did I even call him? It's not like he cares. But he is affecting me and it's not good. I need a drink!

For once, I want to get drunk until I drop.

I stood up, went to the closet and got dressed into a sexy black outfit which hugged every curve of my body. I picked up my car keys and left the mansion, where I have been living alone for three months.

I entered a club packed with people. I noticed some appreciating and some envious stares at me but I was used to it already. I walked to the bar and sat before ordering a drink. This club is owned by a very good friend of Logan and we usually did a lot of parties and celebrations here, so mostly all the employees knew me. The first floor of the club is a VIP area only opened to platinum card members. There were several rooms for members upstairs, so whenever we got drunk in the past, the staff knew to deliver us safely to our rooms.

I have stayed here once when we partied to celebrate our graduation and enjoyed getting drunk for the first time since I turned eighteen. Overall, this club was completely safe.

I started drinking, drinks after drinks. Soon, I was a little tipsy. I was sipping my drink, engulfed in my thoughts when I felt someone sat on the bar stool beside me.

"A beautiful woman like you shouldn't look so sad," I looked at the man, gray eyes and dark brown hair. He was cute, but I was not in a mood to talk and not to mention, I respect my marriage vows, even if they're fake. I just rolled my eyes and finished my drink and ordered another one.

"Here, it's on me," He put a drink in front of me.

"Sorry, I don't take offered drinks from strangers." I replied flatly and took my drink that the bartender just put there.

"Ouch! That was harsh," he said, placing his hand on his chest. I chuckled, he looked silly.

"Finally, you smiled," I looked at him surprised.

"You were sitting there the whole time, staring into space sadly," he explained. I nodded and kept drinking.

"Okay, I think that's enough, you are drunk," I was about to take another glass when the stranger suddenly took it from my hand.

"What the..? I am not drunk, I'm j-just tipsy," I stuttered and stared at the man but his face was a little blurry. I stood up to take glass from his hand but I stumbled because of dizziness. The man wrapped his arm around my waist to keep me from falling.

"Sure, sure!" he said amused. I pushed his chest to let go of me but he didn't.

"Stop saying it like you're talking to a child," I looked up at him annoyed and he chuckled.

I was about to tell him to let go of me when someone suddenly pushed him away from me roughly and in the next moment, he was on the floor with his mouth bleeding as the other man punched him hard.

"Dare touch my wife again and I will make sure to send you to hell!!" he growled and stood up coming towards me.

Huh?! Aiden?

He took my hand and dragged me out of the club. I felt confused, what's going on? Aiden is in Russia. I tried rubbing my eyes to get a clear view of his face but it blurred again. He brought me to the parking lot and released my hand.

"What were you even thinking? Going to a club in the middle of the night and drinking like this!!!" he roared and I flinched at his familiar loud voice. It can't be Aiden! He is in Russia.

I kept staring at him blankly, when he said annoyed, "what are you staring at?"

I went close to him and stumbled a little and he caught my arms, I looked at him closely and poked on his cheek with my index finger.

"What are you doing?" He asked, shocked.

I poked his other cheek, his nose, his forehead and I was about to touch his lips when he caught my hand.

"You're drunk," he stated.

"Sorry, your voice resembles my husband's," I replied with unfocused eyes. He chuckled.

"Because I am baby,"

"Don't lie, my husband is not in the country!" I said suspiciously.

"Look carefully, it's me Adira,"

He knows my name!

Suddenly, I held him from his collar with both hands and pulled his face close to mine, looking at him closely with narrowed eyes.

I blinked several times to focus and a familiar pair of blue eyes and features came into view. He looks exactly like him!

My eyes grew wide and I backed away, putting a hand on my mouth in shock.

"Imposter!!" I exclaimed loudly as I pointed my index finger at him.

**************

What do you think about today's chapter, please let me know in the comments. 😊

Please don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share the story.

Have a nice day y'all. 💕