Chapter 27

Third Party's POV:

Somewhere in the dark office room, a middle-aged man in an expensive business suit, stood by the window as he stared at the night sky of New York, which was darker than usual today, resembling the expression on the man's face. The air in the room was chilly and thick with cigar fumes.

Behind him, on the other side of the table, stood a young man of 6'7" height with a stern face. His whole black attire and the dark expression on his face screamed danger. He stood straight as his hands clasped together in front of him respectfully. Anyone looking at the man from the side could see a flying eagle tattoo behind his ear down to his neck, which was almost covered by his black suit. He had a side labret lip piercing ring on the right side of his lower lip and the left eyebrow. Normal people would not dare to meet his eyes.

"Is it done?" The man by the window turned around and flicked the ash from his cigar as he spoke sternly.

"The warning has been sent, do you want them to be wiped out, Carlo?" The man with a tattoo, asked in his deep voice.

"No, it's not our place. They won't dare to provoke us anymore." The man replied as he walked to his armchair and sat.

"What about him?" The young man waited for his orders.

"He won't get it easy. Start the process!" The man with the tattoo nodded obediently and left the room.

"Let's see if you're worth it or not, Aberra!" The man spoke in a low voice in the empty room.

Aiden's POV:

RING! RING!

My ringing phone brought me out of my thoughts. I checked the caller ID, seeing it was Ryan, I told Atlas to go to his mother and change into pajamas.

I walked towards the balcony as I picked up the call.

"What is it?" I asked straight.

"We got the investigation report for today's incident." He stated, seriously.

"We didn't kill them all, right? I want one alive." I inquired impatiently. I will make them rot in hell.

"There's a problem." He voiced out..

"What?" I asked, pissed.

"Actually, my men informed me that when they surrounded them earlier, there were several cars which followed your car discreetly and just when your car was out of view, seven cars surrounded them and blocked our cars. When our men were about to follow them, they punctured our cars and then you must have heard an explosion, that's not our doing. It's theirs! Silas said he saw him there, so it confirms that he is protecting her from the dark because he is his right hand. We didn't get anything at all.. they blew up everyone and our men found three bodies untouched except, without heads so, I am assuming..." I clenched my jaw.

"They send their heads as a warning." I completed his sentence.

"Bingo!" He replied.

"It means he is already aware of me being involved with her, neither did I expect any less from him, anyway!" I sighed softly.. Another one to deal with!

"So, are you ready to face his wrath, huh?" Ryan chuckled.

"Enjoying my misery, Silvius?" I mocked and he barked out a laugh.

"I'm loving it, it's refreshing to see you like this and not your past self," he voiced out seriously. I let out a small sigh.

""It's her, Ryan. She's the reason behind everything, even my very existence. I knew I was in deep s**t when I realized how strong her influence over my emotions was, to the point where the mere thought of a life without her shattered me completely. If facing his wrath means I can have her by my side forever, then I would willingly endure any retribution," I expressed truthfully.

"I'm with you, bro, whenever you need me," he stated, seriously.

"Thanks, bro," I smiled a little, furrowing my eyebrows, I suddenly recalled something.

"But, I'm curious, why didn't they wipe out the whole clan?" I was confused. Why just a threat?!

"You should know, my friend. You should know better.." he sighed.

Damn!

It's because of me!

"Where are you right now?" He asked.

"At her penthouse." I heard him choke on the other end,

"So quick, already? Did my plan work?" He asked curiously, I could imagine his sly smirk at the moment.

"It's not that a*****e, I asked her to let me spend the night with our son, so she agreed and I didn't say that I would follow your plan." I replied annoyed.

"You will bro! Just wait and I know, you will.." he stated, arrogantly.

"Shut up! There's something else I am worried about!" I uttered what's on my mind for a while.

"What?"

"Adira thinks I cheated on her." I answered flatly but the words left an unpleasant aftertaste in my mouth.

"Eh? Cheated? How? Did you..?" He trailed off.

"Of course no, you jerk! You know me more than anyone else," I retorted, infuriated. What a best friend I got there!

He laughed, "Chill bro! I know you wouldn't! But where did she get this idea from then?" He asked seriously afterwards.

"I don't know, I suspect she knows about that day," I replied, massaging my temple.

"Woah! Bro, you two really need to talk then. I always wondered why she is so angry at you. Even though you left her and made a big mistake, she was enraged by you and hated you so much but now I know why! It's not her fault bro, you gave her the wrong idea since start, then you never gave her a real wedding, then you ran away, then you never confessed and the list goes on, so of course, if she thinks you cheated on her and react so negatively then it's not at all her fault. Anyone would behave like that!" I closed my eyes as a heavy sigh escaped my lips.

Why was I such an a*****e!

"Hm-hm, you are an a*****e," he stated as he knew what I was thinking, I rolled my eyes. This f****r is really something!

"Don't roll your eyes!" I chuckled. He really knew me.

"I want to fix this!" I said seriously, ignoring his remarks.

"I know you will bro, just explain everything patiently....." We talked about a few things before I hung up and looked at the sky.

Today's sky was darker than usual.

I want to live my life with my wife and family without worrying about anything like a normal happy family. I want to fix everything!

And I am nothing without her.. I gave my everything to her a long time ago, when I didn't even know the meaning of love. I knew the moment I first laid my eyes on her that she would be mine one day.

My thoughts traveled back to the time when I met my woman for the first time.. yet again!

**************

By the way! Lovely people, if you want a surprise update of all Aiden's past chapters without waiting for a day, let me know in comments. I might surprise you all with 5 chapters straight. 😊

Hey lovely people! 😍 I hope you all are enjoying the story.

I would like to know your thoughts about it so far, because in next few chapters, we will read Aiden's past after they met again.

Love, Lucertia! 💕