Chapter 23

Aiden's POV:

"Hold on tight, Mr. Aberra, this is going to be a rough ride."

She said to me and before I could ask what it meant, she already stepped on gas and the car sped up insanely. She overtook a few cars smoothly before entering a free roadway and sped up more as she glanced at the side mirror.

I followed her gaze and looked at my side mirror. S***! There were exactly four heavily tinted black cars following us.

Damnit! How could I not notice it before? How can I let my guard down around them after everything that happened before?!

I quickly texted my guards again to cancel the plan and ordered them to follow us here as I briefed the situation.

I shouldn't have sent them back thinking that I was with them and there wasn't any movement from the other side, but I should have known better.

S***! S***!! S***!

I looked over at the two most important people, who are my life and I let my guard down, risking their security now.

I felt like the most stupid and useless person right now!

My guards and special teams had been following them since they landed here in New York, that's how I knew where they were and what they were doing all the time. I know it's wrong but it's for their protection.

But today, one of my friends needed a special team for personal purposes too and thinking that I will be with them, I let my guard down and now my family's life was in danger.

I wasn't scared a bit for my life, all I could think of was to save them somehow.

But..

I looked at Atlas, he seemed to be quite relaxed for a four year old kid. He was looking around almost excitedly as he glanced at his mother from time to time, adoration and admiration visible all over his face. Shouldn't he be scared right now?!

I looked at Adira, her eyes were so dark and cold, something that I had never seen before, not even after we met for the first time after five years. She was also relaxed but I could see that she was anxious for the safety of our son. Her eyes became the most gentlest as she glanced at the rearview mirror and assured Atlas, before focusing on the road again.

Only I was the one panicking here. They both seemed too relaxed for someone facing this dangerous situation for the first time.

Am I missing something?!

A sharp turn brought me back to reality. I looked out from the window, the cars were still following us but they were not so close now.

Ding!

I quickly opened the message.

RS: They are on their way, three cars with weaponry, almost five minutes drive away from your location, drive towards a usual place and they will handle from there.

"Love, I know a safe place." I said seriously.

She glanced at me, raising an eyebrow and nodded, "Mark the location on map, I will follow."

I quickly opened navigation and marked the place. I saw her as she gave a murderous glare towards the cars following us before she sped up more.

Even in this kind of dangerous situation, I was in awe of her, she looked so beautiful and a badass queen at the same time and the way she was driving with proficiency, she could be a successful racer, honestly. Except for the worry of a mother, there's not an ounce of fear in her eyes.

She changed the car gear as she took a sharp turn with one hand on the steering wheel, pressing on a brake, drifting it smoothly and sped up again. She kept glancing at Atlas, making sure he was okay and then followed the route again.

We were close to our location and I noticed my team cars surrounding the black cars. That's it!

"Love! My friends are here and they will handle them, just as we reach the marked location, you drive straight and then take a right and drive through a small road, it's not on a map, so I will guide you." I instructed. She glanced at me with her same dark glare before nodding and my breath hitched.

It's official!

If there's someone from whom Aiden Alvertos Aberra is scared of! Then it's definitely this beautiful vixen sitting on a driving seat.

They say, Wife is a wife.. No matter who you are!

Now, I can absolutely feel the statement...

She followed my instructed route and I noticed the cars following us were quite far now. I informed her to take a turn and follow another route, which she did without any questioning and now the cars were not seen behind us. Soon, we heard an explosion far from us and I smirked knowing it was done. I guided her to a place where I never thought I would ever bring any of my family.

"Park over there." She parked and went out of the car immediately, ignoring me, of course. I followed and stepped out of the car.

She opened the backdoor and unbuckled Atlas seatbelts and immediately took him in her arms stroking his head and asking him if he was okay. Even after being assured by Atlas that he was fine, she still didn't let him go.

I couldn't help going near them and taking them both in a tight and secure hug. I noticed she was shaking.

She was trying to act so brave and yet she was so scared, her body tensed feeling my touch but I didn't let go, instead, I stroked her back as I kissed both of their heads, whispering protecting and comforting words. Surprisingly, her shaking stopped and she leaned her head to my chest, seeking comfort. I tightened my hold around them as we heard another car parked beside ours. I looked up sharply and saw Silvius coming out of the car.

"It's done, I need to talk to you." He said and I nodded. Adira removed her head from my chest and looked at the person who spoke.

She froze as her eyes widened.

"R-Ryan Davidson." Her mouth gaped in shock.

What a great timing!

********************

Thoughts?! 💕

Who remembers Ryan Davidson from previous chapters of the past?

Hey lovely people! I want to know your suggestions about the story, what are you thinking about characters and storyline?