Chapter 21

Aiden's POV:

He looked back at his mother for confirmation and then looked at me nodding. He walked towards me hesitantly and I knelt down from the sitting position and opened my arms, he stopped and searched my face.

Tears fell from my eyes as I realized how my own son was being so hesitant and cautious towards me. It was all my fault, if I didn't take that fucking stupid step five years ago, maybe things would have worked out for us.

I will do anything to make things work and I swear that I will get them back!!

I waited patiently for him to trust me as I stared back at him with all the love and sincerity. He finally came closer and opened his arms, I couldn't even describe the feelings I felt just now when I caught a glimpse of acceptance into his eyes. I immediately wrapped my arms around him, hugging him ever so gently, his figure seemed so small and fragile in my arms. A strong warmth spread throughout my body when he wrapped his small hands around my neck hugging me back.

I couldn't stop myself from sobbing as I held my own flesh and blood. I looked at Adira, her eyes were teary as well as she stared at us. I felt a small hand patted my back gently as more tears fell from my eyes. I looked into my son's eyes. I knew he hadn't accepted me completely because his body was still tense and his eyes were not as carefree as when he is around his mother but I was glad that he was at least giving me a chance.

I kissed his forehead, he smiled a little and turned to his mom again.

"Mom, can we spend some time together with him before going back?" She nodded at him and I furrowed my brows.

Are they going somewhere?!

Is she planning to hide from me again?!?

My eyes widened at the possibility.

"What do you mean? Are you going somewhere?" I bored my eyes into hers.

Hell would freeze before I let them go!

"We are going back to the US to grandpa." my son replied instead.

What the..?

They can't go back...

S***!

"You can't go back!" My voice came out more harsh than I intended to.

I saw Adira's eyes widened before they turned icy cold as she glared back at me. She came to me and took Atlas from my arms as she smiled at him gently. What a change of expression!!

"Honey, would you go to your room for a while, I want to talk to him about something." she stroked his head and Atlas nodded like an adult and looked back at me.

"See you later, Mr. Aberra!" he said seriously and walked off. I felt hurt when he called me 'Mr. Aberra' but I knew it would take some time to win his trust completely and hear him call me dad.

"I let you with Atlas because he needs his father but it doesn't mean that you can order me around or question my decisions, Mr. Aberra." she said sternly after Atlas was out of view.

Like mother like son. I'm starting to hate my last name now!

"Adira, I am damn serious, you can't go back!" I said as I tried to stay calm.

"Did I even ask you?" She raised her eyebrows. Damn! She is hell stubborn.

"Why are you going back?" I asked calmly again.

"None of your business." she snapped.

I closed my eyes for a second, this woman had sworn to test my patience every time we talked. I released a heavy sigh as I realized she would never listen to me anyway.