Chapter 8: Wifely duties.

Iyana's POV

That event was really nice. I got to meet new people and i just secured myself big clients. I still feel a bit offended about him calling me a replacement but i should move on from it cause he won't apologise. Yes I know it's true but he didn't have to say it that harshly. Aghh I don't know why I'm still dwelling on that statement...maybe because it hurt you.

I go upstairs to my bedroom and when I get inside I immediately take off my shoes. Wearing high heels for five hours straight ain't for the weak. I go to the bathroom and wash off the makeup and i do my skincare routine. My face is very sensitive and i hate it when I get pimples cause they don't appear one at a time.

After doing my skincare routine I take off my dress and change into pjamas. I take out one of my novels from the cupboard and i read. I still can't believe this is my life right now. I've never imagined myself to be in such a shit position. My mind is still in shock and i feel like someone is going to wake me up and tell me this is a dream.

I wonder how people are going to react when they find out. I feel like my family didn't think things through when they sold me. I expected my parents to be there for me and tell everyone that this won't happen but they the very same people that sold me to the devil...okay maybe I'm exaggerating on the devil part but you get what I'm saying.

I'm so lazy to go to work cause I'm not ready to face anyone tomorrow cause I know they'll be asking me questions about how did the ceremony go...sigh...the things we go through to make people happy...I know right. But I have to go because I need to make money and be rich.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
I wake up and do my morning routine and wear a navy blue formal dress with a v shape neckline that shows a bit of some titties but not too much. I wear matching heels and i tie my locs into a high bun and i lay my edges. I add a bit of make up and i take a blazer just in case it gets cold.

I go downstairs to the kitchen and Mam Zodwa is making breakfast. "Sawubona ma." I greet. "Yebo ntombi yami. Ukahle?" she asks. (Are you well?) "Ngiyaphila wena." "Ngiyaphila. Awusemhle." (You are beautiful.) "Ngiyabonga ma." I blush a little cause nobody has ever complimented me while wearing my work clothes but it doesn't mean I don't get compliments.

"Ujarhile?" she asks. (Are you in a hurry?) "Cha ma ngisenaso iskhathi." I answer. (No ma i still have time.) Since I didn't take my car I'm left with no choice but to commute with my worst nightmare. After work I'll uber back to my place and fetch my car cause I won't survive very long in the same car as him.

Speak of the devil he comes downstairs wearing a navy blue suit. He left the two top buttons of his shirt unbuttoned and i get a glimpse of his tattoos. "Sawbona ma." he greets. He looks clean cut and nice and he smells absolutely amazing. I probably overdid it with the word absolutely but he really does hey.

"Ncoo its so cute you guys are matching." she says and i fight the urge to roll my eyes. I didn't even notice that we matching until she mentioned and funny how its a coincidence that we matching even though we don't share the same bedroom. "Mara ma." he says. I know his annoyed with that statement and i try to hold in my laugh.

"I'm not wrong though with the matching outfits." she says. "I know you are not." he says. "It's giving couple goals." I try not to gag at that statement. "Not you saying couple goals." I say and she laughs. "Kanti don't you use those words when things like this happen." "I don't know." We both laugh. "I don't know what to call it but I'll continue with couple goals cause it's sounds nice." I shake my head and chuckle.