Chapter 57: Long weekend.

Iyana's POV

"You did what?" I ask and he turns to look at me and he can't hide the shock on his face. "Oh shucks it's about to go down." mumbles Mpendulo. "What do you mean you met up with my sister or am I hallucinating?" Silence. "Hai Nkosinathi talk before I lose my cool." "Hlala phansi." he says. (Sit down.)

I fold my arms and sit down. I even forgot that his brothers and dad are here and i haven't greeted them. "Sanibonani." I greet.(hello.) I feel a tad bit embarrassed for just storming in and forgetting my manners. "Unjani makoti?" asks his dad. (How are you?) "Ngiyaphila wena baba unjani?" (I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good too.)

"I told you it's going to backfire. Iyana I give you full permission to hit him." says Mpendulo and i chuckle. "I won't do that." I say. "I'd rather we talk in private." says Nkosinathi and i fight the urge to roll my eyes. If I could I would punch him in the face but I won't cause there are people here and what if he retaliates.

"Kuncono sihambe sizonipha ithuba ukuthi nikhulume." says his dad. (Its best we leave so we can give you an opportunity to talk.) "Anifuni ukuhlala sidle ukudla wasebusuku ngaphambi wokuthi nihambe?" I ask. (Don't you want to stay and eat dinner before you leave.) "Singahlala kodwa sifuna ukinipha ithuba lokukhuluma." (We can stay but we want to give you space to talk.) "Sizokhuluma lokyanyana hai manje." He stares at me and i roll my eyes. (We will talk later not now.) "Sizohlala ke makoti." (We will stay.)

I smile. I see there are glasses on the table so I'm sure they already got something to drink. "Nginigcwalisele ikomishi?" I ask. (Should I refill?) "Please." answers Muzi. I nod and take the glasses to the kitchen and rinse them and pour cranberry juice. I put the glasses on the tray and go back to serve them. Aren't I such a wonderful makoti?

I walk to the kitchen and i find ma taking out the pots. "Unjani ma?" I ask. "Ngiyaphila wena." she answers. "I could be better." "What happened?" "Nkosinathi doesn't want to live forever." She chuckles. "What has he done now?" "He thinks keeping secrets is funny." "You better sort him out and teach him a lesson."

"That I sure will. Can I help you with cooking?" I ask. "Sure." she answers. "Siyenzani?" (What are we making?) "Cabornara pasta." "Ubaba and Mpendulo and Muzi will also be eating with us so we need to make more." She nods. "Get started with chopping." I nod and take out the onions and peppers from the fridge and start chopping.

He met up with my sister. So is this the secret he felt that he should keep from me? Here I was thinking that maybe he might not be feeling the same way after all the special moments we've shared thus far or he is still angry that I befriended Nsizwa but no he met up with my sister behind my back.

Does he want her back? Was he using me as a rebound all along kanti he was waiting for her to come back so they can rekindle and pick up where they left off? "I'll take over the cooking if you not okay." says mam Zodwa. "No it's okay I just got a little distracted." I say. "What he did really hurt you?" "I'm more confused than hurt."