Chapter 10: Blame.

Iyana's POV

I get inside the bedroom and his sound asleep. Being here with him is a different experience. His family welcomed me with open arms and they just gave me advice about marriage. I didn't expect to be welcomed by them since I'm not my sister but I'm glad i did. Nothing hurts more than to feel unwelcomed at a place you not supposed to be at in the first place.

I take off my dress and change into pjamas. I put on a bonnet and i do my face routine. I switch of the lights and get inside the bed. I can't believe I'll be sharing the same bed as him. Hopefully he knows how to sleep properly otherwise I'm not going to share a room with him again. I hope the rest of the trip moves smoothly so I can leave and continue with life.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
I switch off the alarm and sigh. I try to wake up but then my body is being pushed down by a heavy object. I open my eyes and it's still dark outside. Inkathi zabo makoti kelezi. (This is the time brides wake up.) Whoever came up with this wifely duties sure did a number on us. I check the time and it's 5:30. It's time for me to wake up and get ready so I can start with my duties.

I realise that the heavy object is Nkosinathi. Why did he have to sleep on top of me, literally? I tap his arm a little bit and he doesn't budge. I smack him and he still doesn't move. I pinch his arm and he removes it. "Ouch what the fuck?" "You sleeping on top of me." I say. "Askies. You didn't have to pinch me though." (Sorry.) "You weren't responding moes so I did what i had to do."

"Uyaphi ekuseni kangaga." he asks. (Where are you going so early?) "Don't forget that some of us have wifely duties." I answer. "Mmm." I get up and go to the bathroom. I guess he must have thought I'm Imenathi hence he slept on top of me. I do my business and take a quick shower. This is a really beautiful home. It looks like it was renovated and also extended but i see there are still some renovations going on like rondavels are being built.

Yesterday I had a nice time cooking with Lindiwe and she's a really funny person and she's very welcoming. After showering I lotion my body and go to my suitcase and look for something to wear. I take out my baby pink maxi dress and wear a matching doek. At least i don't have to worry about my hair looking on point this week I just need to wrap it up and I'm done. I put away the suitcase and take my phone and go downstairs.

I get to the kitchen and i find one of his aunts there making tea. "Sawbona ma." I greet. (Hello.) "Yebo mtanami. Uleli kanjani?" she asks. (How did you sleep?) "Ngileli kahle inkinga ukuthi uNkosinathi makaleli phezukwami." She laughs. (I slept well the problem is that Nkosinathi was sleeping on top of me.)  "Akakulimazanga kodwa." (He didn't hurt you though.) "Cha." She pours me a cup and i thank her. (No.)

"At least uvuke early. We'll have a little snack before we get on with today's duties." she says and i nod. (woke up early.) "I'll tell you some of the rules you need to follow then I'll tell you what we doing today." "Ngimamele." (I'm listening.) "You have to wake up early and be here at 6:00 as you've been told yesterday. When you serving your husband you need to first pour water for him in a dish so he can wash his hands and stuff like that. There's not really much rules but as long as you respect us we'll get along." I nod. "Ngiyakuva aunty." (I hear you.)