Chapter 6

Zayn's POV

The next morning I woke up alone in bed. I let a whimper leave my lips because I figured Niall had left me. I didn't mind if he did because then I could just go home, but I actually would miss him even though we've only known each other for two days now.

I got out of bed and got dressed in the jump suit I would be wearing to the loading docks for my first day of work. I kept telling myself that it wouldn't be so bad and it was an easier way of making money to feed Niall. At the thought of Niall my heart ached oddly at the thought of him being gone crossed my mind.

When I walked out of the bedroom, I heard shuffling in the kitchen so I went in there to see what was making the noise. I found Niall in there cleaning up a few things along with a fresh stack of some type of biscuit.

I walked up behind where Niall was rinsing his cloth in the sink and wrapped my arms around him. He jumped at first then he leaned back into my arms. I kissed his cheek fondly, trying to understand why I loved the feeling of kissing him.

"I, uh, made breakfast." He told me, pushing me off him a bit. I let go and tried not to feel hurt, but I did. Niall gave me a weak smile then reached out for my hand, tangling them together.

"It's just weird for me. I'm not used to this actually happening. I've only dreamed of someone being this nice to me, so it's just weird that you are. I'm also scared that you'll realize you want something more sooner than I want it." He told me nervously, his blue eyes dazzling with tears threatening to fall. I opened my arms to him to step into, which we did not even a second later. His body shook as he began to cry into my chest.

"I'll protect you, never hurt you. I've told you this allot, Niall. You have nothing so worry about. I've got you, Precious." I whispered to the fragile boy in my arms. I guess I never really noticed that someone can actually be this gentle. But looking at him, he's just too precious and gentle for his own good.

His creamy skin is unflawed. His eyes seemed like they had never seen the actual cruelty of this world. His hands were so smooth, it seemed like anything he touched would damage him. The small curves he had in his thin body made him seem all that more gentle. I know I've never seen anyone like him and never will. I also know that no one will ever make me feel the way he's making me feel.

"I'm sorry I'm such a mess. I really miss my family and, no offense, but I really don't want to be married." He told me while letting me go and wiping his face. I laughed at his words and kissed his forehead fondly.

"I don't want to be married either and I'm more worried about my family than you could ever imagine." I said, leaning back on the counter. He looked down and cleared his throat before opening his mouth to say something, but I never got to hear it because the whistle blew for me to go to work.

I looked at Niall and he blushed before moving forward and placing a kiss on my lips. I kissed his hand next and took one of the now cold biscuits with me to eat as I left the house.

I walked for a few minutes before getting to the the main loading dock and standing in line with the rest of the men. I got some weird glances and some sad glances from older men. I just kept my eyes glued to the front of the line where we were checking in and kept a hard look on my face.

When I got to the front of the line, I was assigned to the unloading of bagged foods. That would be where I was stationed in this rotation for this week. I didn't mind that, but where the train was made me kind of angry. I had a perfect view of the forest. That side of the forest had a fence up that warned it was electric, but I knew that I would have heard buzzing if it were on. Just the sight made me feel like the last of my freedom had been taken from me.