Chapter 21

Zayn's POV

Immediately, all of us were up and getting our stuff together. Niall still seemed so out of it as he stood there and watched me while rubbing his stomach. Louis and Harry were already making a move in running foward as fast as Harry could. Liam jumped down from the tree and stood next to me.

"Do you need me to get him?" He asked me, not looking at me but in the direction the shooting and yelling was coming from.

"I think we should save our strength for Harry." I said, then grabbed Niall's hand and started running in the direction Louis and Harry were going.

The three of us caught up to those two in no time and Liam picked up the five month pregnant boy and sprinted forward. Louis ran foward to be next Liam and Harry while Niall and I stayed back a bit.

I knew that we were being chased by people from the Head System. I wasn't sure how they knew where we were, but I knew no one from our side would be running after us. Now all I had to worry about keeping Niall and our baby okay with these idiots chasing us.

"Zayn, I'm tied." Niall panted to me, his hand almost slipping out of mine. I turned and picked him up and continued running with him.

The shouting and shooting seemed farther away and Liam looked like he was about to just walk considering he was carrying a six foot tall boy that had a five month old baby in him. His speed had slowed down and he had sweat dripping off his forehead in the odd humidity of the forest.

"Stop for a second and I'll switch with you, Li." I told him and stopped. Louis ended up carrying Niall while I got Harry in my arms. His green eyes looked at me, his cheeks flushed red and fear across his face. It reminded me of the first time we had met.

We all started running again, but at a slower pace than before. I was too scared of getting caught to feel any pain I was in, but I did feel my arms did start to burn when we started running up hill towards the road. Harry was just clinging to me with one arm while his other was over his bump.

"There they are!" I heard someone behind us yell. It took me a second to look back and see an army of men holding their guns to shoot.

Liam stopped running and so did Louis. Niall was set down and came running after me, but the other two just stood there. The hill seemed to only keep getting steeper so I set Harry down and began walking up. But when a gun went off and Louis screamed. Harry was off running to him in no time. I tried to grab him and stop him, but the hill we were on and the muddy ground caused me to loose my footing and tumble down until my body slammed into a tree.

"Get the short one and the pregnant one! Those are the ones we need!" Some of the men yelled, as Liam ran past me and went and got Niall to continue running. I stood up and saw Louis running a different direction with Harry.

I felt torn on what to do. I wanted to run and be with Niall, but I couldn't let Louis and Harry just fin for themselves. So I did the thing I knew was right; I went after Louis.

"Zayn, leave them!" I heard Liam scream to me, but I couldn't do that. I couldn't leave my brother to these monsters.

I ran down the hill and heard multiple guns being shot at me, but all I did with flip the hood of my leather jacket up over my head to somewhat camouflage me into my surroundings. Harry was falling behind where Louis was holding his hand and running, so I ran faster and picked up the boy. Louis nearly shot me with the gun he had over his back, but when he saw it was me he ran faster and put it away.

"I swore you got shot." Harry sobbed while reaching to his husband. I bit his arm gently because his reaching was throwing me off balance as we ran into a denser part of these woods and I didn't want to fall.