Chapter 12

Zayn's POV

The next morning I woke up to the sound of knocking on my door. Niall groaned and told the noise to shut up. I laughed and kissed him, putting on a shirt before leaving our bedroom.

I opened the door and felt myself fill with embarrassment at the fact I was standing in front of the Main and three other officials in just my boxers and a t-shirt. They looked at what I was wearing and looked at me with amusement.

"May we come in while you get some pants on?" The Main asked me. I opened my door more for them to come in, then went to get some jeans on. Niall rolled over and grabbed my bum, making me jump from where I was standing.

"Let's play a game called, 'Make Niall Feel Really Good'." He said sleepily with a small giggle at the end. I kissed him and shook my head.

"I'd rather play that game than the game called, 'We have The Main in Our Living Room'." I told him, putting on my black jacket. Niall sat up in bed and looked at me like he didn't like that game either. He got out of bed and slipped on some jeans, then one of my long sleeved shirts that was too big for him.

"I'm coming with you." I wanted to tell him to just stay in here, but I knew in the end I would need him by my side so I just took his hand in mine as we walked out to meet the men dressed in all black. They were just standing in our living room looking around, but when they saw us they looked at where our hands were laced together.

"We need you both to come with us. Really we just have orders to speak to Zayn Malik, but I guess we'll have to take both of you." The Main said with a sigh and began leading the way out of our house.

Niall and I didn't drop our hands the whole walk to the Tower. The whole way I could only remember how I was being forced to come here over a month ago to get married to this Irish boy.

I remember I was so pissed off about the whole thing, but I also remember hearing Niall's scream echo through the small town. At that moment, I felt my heart break for him then I felt even more angry and determined to be the best husband I could be to him. I'm not sure how I'm doing, I can only hope I'm doing alright.

"Take the blonde one to a holding room while we take him to the President." The second Niall and I heard we would be separated, we looked at each other and my arms wrapped around his thin body.

"He's coming with me." I told them, but they only started to try pulling Niall out of my arms.

"Let go of him! He's coming with me!" I screamed at them when Niall started crying because they got one of his wrists handcuffed.

"Zayn!" He yelled when the official pulled us apart. The temptation to punch the official holding me crossed my mind, but I caught a glimpse of the Main and realized this was a test. A test to see if I respected the law and authorities or if I would fight it for what I wanted.

"Niall, I'll be right back." I told him in a much calmer tone than I was before. He was still crying and trying to wiggle out of the officials grip, causing me to look away from him because I knew seeing that would only make me want to fight to get him in my arms and smiling again.

I was led down unfamiliar halls and up two sets of stair cases to two large oak doors. They were opened for me and I was told to go in. I didn't want to go in though. I felt the air turn forty degrees colder when the door opened, I didn't want to go in at all. But my feet continued to move me and I managed to swallow my fear and put a fake look of confidence on my face.

"Mr.Malik, please, have a seat." A cold voice spoke to me from the big chair that had its back turned to me. I listened, even though every nerve in my body was to run and find my husband.