Chapter 24

Niall's POV

I sat there in the room of the house we were still staying at, trying to hear what Liam and Zayn were talking about. The door was opened just a crack so I could hear them talking, but they both kept cutting each other off.

A few more minutes passed and Zayn came back into the room. He looked at me and gave me a weak smile, then came and sat next to me. I laced our fingers together and leaned my head against his strong shoulder. We both sat there quietly until Zayn kissed my forehead and gently laid me back on the bed. He pulled my shirt up and looked down at the wrap around my stomach.

"Are you in any pain? Do you need me to do anything?" He asked me with worry in his voice. I shook my head and moved over on the bed so Zayn could lay next to me, but he just got up and went to the bathroom. He came out a minute later with a cup of water and put it next to me on the night stand with two tablets.

"Those are for when it does hurt. So, how do you feel about going home?" He asked me, sitting next to me. When he mentioned going home, I actually got really excited. But then I thought of all the things he still has to do and I knew that going home ment something more than just getting to go home.

"What happened that we have to go home?" I asked him. He looked away from me and got my hand in his.

"I think it would be safer for you there. All we've heard about how things are in Bradford is that everything is safer than being right on the battlefield. Or next place is Leeds, then I said we needed a full out rebellion where everyone takes over their own town. I want you to be somewhere safe as soon as possible." He told me, but I heard behind his voice he was worried about something more than that. I sat up slowly because my stomach hurt to sit up any faster, then I kissed his cheek.

"Do what you feel is right. I think we need to go to Leeds then we can go home, but it's really whatever you want." I told him. He nodded then pulled me in for a hug. I couldn't help myself from inhaling his scent and memorize the way his hands felt flat on my back.

There was a knock at our door saying it was time for us to leave. Zayn huffed and looked at me and my stomach. He stood up and told me to take the tablets while he went to tell Liam what he wanted to do. I listened then wandered down to the kitchen where I hoped I could maybe find something to eat before we had to leave.

"Niall, are you hungry?" The lady of the house asked me after I was about to leave the kitchen because no one was in there to ask for food. I nodded shyly, causing her to smile at me and pull out what was left of dinner from the refrigerator. She heated it up in some weird thing that looked like a mini oven but the food turned in it and it was loud too. I felt too stupid to ask her what that was, though.

I started eating whatever was on the plate and soon Zayn and Liam came in. I was going to set down my fork because they were ready to leave, but Zayn told me to finish while he went to talk to someone. Liam sat next to me and rested his head on the table.

"How do you control your husband? You're the only person he listens to and isn't so stubborn to. You could blink and he's in his right place." Liam told me, causing me to blush and finish chewing my mouth full.

"Maybe if you grow his kid in your body then maybe he'll listen to you." Liam laughed and sat up in his chair. I finished my plate of food and placed it in the sink before getting a banana off the counter and opening it to eat it.

"For being so small, you fit allot of food in you." Zayn told me as he walked in. I only shrugged and pat my stomach lightly. He came over and kissed my cheek, then took a bite of my banana.

"Leeds bound! The car is leaving!" Someone yelled into the house. I looked at Zayn because I thought he wanted to go home, but he shrugged before eating the last bite of my banana.