5. Father Dearest

~Phoenix Augustus

I hate my life.

But on the second thought, I love it.

Me and my life always have a love – hate relationship. There are more than 90% situations when I hate my life, when I feel like the earth to open up and swallow me inside. Even the smallest thing or the slightest action of everyone and anyone around me irritates me. I feel like committing a suicide or asking a killer to murder me. At that time, the only thing I want to do is to grab a book or a comic from my shelf and bury my face into it like it's the thick fine ass of someone I'm having sex with.

But I survive remembering the 10% of my life. In order to read a comic or a book, I have to continue breathing. There are many things I want to do before bidding my farewell to this world, one them being having a mate and my own family. Why do werewolves live for 200 years? You do love fucking around with us wolves. Don't you, the almighty moon goddess?

Now that we've mentioned my mate, this topic is always so sensitive yet so exciting to think about. There's this one person, one freaking person who shares your soul with you, who was mated with you even before your birth, who is bounded to stay with you, a person who would be your source of happiness, with whom you can think of having family, future, everything. I feel like having a mate would solve my every problem. The thought of meeting them is always listed on the first position of my fantasies.

But then again, I hate my life.

Right now, I hate my life because it's the time for the monthly visit at my grandparents' house, our pack house where my father lives. Only him, no other brother, only him. My elder brother, Lorcan and I live with our uncles, aunts and cousins. It's like a whole fucking gang or something.

My grandparents produced 3 children in order to get an heir for the pack, all of them being sons. The first son, Winston Augutus is eldest brother, who is a true blooded alpha. He married a Thai sub-alpha, Kanika Wattanagitiphat or now, Kanika Augustus. They have 2 daughters, Hunter Augustus who was presented as dom alpha 5 years ago, and Jalen Augustus, who was also presented as dom alpha 4 years ago. Both of them are the eldest in our family.

Then comes my father, Yong-hwa Augustus, who is a true blooded alpha, the current heir of the family. He married my mother, a Korean sub alpha, Hwang Yeosin or Yeosin Augustus. She died shortly after giving birth to me. My elder brother had just seen 2 summers at that time, and I, well was born just a month ago.

Then there's my youngest uncle, Hyun-jae Augustus, who is also a true blooded alpha. He married a Korean omega, my aunt Kwon A-yeong or A-yeong Augustus. They have 1 daughter, the youngest of us siblings, Aubrey Augustus who had seen only 15 summers and is yet to be presented. Looking at her, I highly doubt her to be anything other than a true blooded alpha.

Why is my father the leader despite being the middle sibling when every other brother is a true blooded alpha as well?

Well you see, this is some family drama shit. My oldest uncle is rebellious, very rebellious against our grandparents. He was always against the training my grandfather gave to all the three brothers. The training is, when a child turns 7, they should be punished for their every minor activity, or sometimes, even gets a strike from a hunter. He believes that this training makes them well disciplined and they always fear their parents till the time of their death. They wouldn't dare to misbehave or mess around, and in future, would become the 'almighty, powerful, dominating sigma alpha male' and the pack would nourish like this.

I call this bullshit.

My uncle opposed to do this with their children in order to make them good alpha. So he bided a farewell to being a leader and chose to live with his family separately. My grandfather can't exile him or ban him from the pack, the "training" my grandfather uses is illegal and so, he cannot do anything to my uncle in the name of training. My father, as soon as my mother died, sended me and my brother to my uncles's house, as said by my aunt Kanika.