8. What the hell...

~Emerson Wordsworth

"Kai?"

My voice came out as a mere whisper, when I saw Kai standing in front of me at the door, with Dearil on her left.

Does that mean one of them is my mate?

The person, as much as I remembered, appeared to be a male in my dream. But, they were an alpha, and these two are alphas too.

But I'm pretty fucking sure that I saw that dimwit's face at the end, which must mean that my mate should be connected to him.

Right, Kai is Phoenix's best friend.

But that can't be, Moon Goddess obviously won't support incest relationships. At this point, even a male mate is okay but not them.

"Do you feel it, anyone of you?" I hesitated, scared to listen to their reply, even more scared to face the truth that lays beneath.

"Feel what?" Dearil was the first one to ask, while Kai stood there confused, mirroring Dearil's reaction.

"Th-the sort of c-connection I'm feeling right now?" I completed my statement, already preparing my actions for any kind of positive response.

Man, if they really are my mate, one of them; then I guess I'm fucked up for whole life.

"What connection?" Kai asked, confusion visible on her face, while I let out a breath of relief, as soon as I heard a no in there.

"So you both don't feel any kind of connection, or your wolf doing any activity, for example jumping like a wild mad animal?" I asked, and I swear I cried when they shook their head as a no.

That means they're not my mate.

But then, who is? Why is Nicky still howling so loud?

"Is, is there a-anyone else with you both?" I asked them with a wavering voice, again with a very heavy heart who seemed to have no plan of slowing down its speed tonight.

"Yes, how'd you know though? We thought we were quite good at hiding him." Dearil cackled while my heart dropped its beat yet again. My face fell down immediately, already expecting the one and only chosen one.

Him? Don't tell me...

"TA-DA!"

If I was having heart attack before, I think I'm about to die right now.

The person, whom I feared the most to see at this moment, was standing right in front of me. His caramel brown eyes were wide, mirroring my action as soon as he came in the view, while he shakily kept a hand on his chest, as if that would stop from beating it so loudly that even I can hear it.

Our wide eyes which were filled with shock met, and his scent now became stronger, stronger than I've ever smelled anyone around, not even my mom had this strong scent. It was filling up my whole body, having a tour to something which looked like belonged to his scent. And then all at once, the confirmation alarm was blasted by Nicky once again.

MATE! MATE! MATE!

No, stop Nicky. It can't be; he's not our mate.

MATE!

It's a mistake! You're mistaken! He can't be our mate! He was on the first place of the top five people we wanted to kill!

No, he is ours! He is the one, he's our mate. He is no else's. Claim him.

You're not in your right state of mind right now. Your animalistic needs and desires are driving you insane on this full moon night.

It's you who's insane not me! Our mate is right in front of us, yet you're still not claiming him! Isn't this what you wanted, what I wanted, what we wanted? Tell me Emerson, isn't this what we wanted!