Chapter Twenty

Her eyes shot open.

She'd never been more confused in her life. She's breathing heavy, but it hurts to. She's alone in the run down room, but she doesn't even know where she is. She sits up slowly, her head feeling too big for a second. She whimpered a bit, stopping her actions at the pain in her stomach.

She hissed as she threw her legs off the dirty mattress. Sam's jacket fell from her chest and she noticed the slight stain of red on the inside. Her eyebrows furrowed. She grabbed the jacket, taking off the tighter leather jacket she was wearing and tossing it to the side. That's when she noticed the blood on her hands. What is going on? She made a mental note to ask about it when she got to someone as she slid on the khaki jacket over her shoulders.

The floor creaked as Cielo stepped off the mattress. The first place she headed to was the mirror on the other side of the supposed bed. She noticed the dark stain around her abdomen and saw the ripped area as if a knife had cut it. She took in a deep breath and lifted her shirt. A red scar appeared on her body. She didn't know where it was from or how long it had been there. She didn't recall getting cut in a while. Not since the vamp case before meeting Madison, but that was months ago.

Dean shuffled back to the house quickly. Sam's head perked up as he saw his brother. "Dean? Where did you go?" Sam asked. He had sent Diana and Bobby home. Diana was half asleep from all the crying she had done and Bobby desperately needed a new bottle of whiskey after Dean had finished the other one.

Dean avoided his brother and walked straight into the house. "Dean!" Sam called.

Dean walked past the empty whiskey bottle and past the old furniture and sighed in relief when he saw her. Up and trying to connect the dots. "Cielo?" Dean said, almost breathlessly.

Cielo's gaze snapped to him. Just as Sam came in behind Dean. Sam's heart stopped as he saw her. She pulled her shirt down and played with her fingers. "Hey," she said.

Dean wasted no time and walked up to her, wrapping her in a tight hug. Sam couldn't move as his eyes watered. She was right there. Walking. Talking. Right there. She winced at the tightness of Dean's hug. "Ow, ow, ow," she said, trying to get Dean off.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Dean replied, separating himself from her. "I'm just..." Dean cupped her face in his hands and resisted the urge to break down. "I'm just happy to see you up and around, that's all."

Sam couldn't stop looking at her. How she smiled gently at Dean and his concern. "Sammy?" She questioned. Sam couldn't wrap his head around it. She was just dead, not even an hour ago. No matter how grateful he is to have her back, how did this happen?

Sam didn't care. He took long strides and wrapped her in his arms. Not as tight as Dean. Not wanting for her to hurt any more than she has to, but tight enough to get the message across. "I'm just glad you're okay," Sam said quietly, pressing his lips to her hair, letting them linger for a while.

Cielo breaks apart first, desperately needing answers. "Wait, so, what happened?"

Dean sits Cielo down on the bed she was laid on. "Well, what do you remember?" Dean asked her first, bringing a chair from the small table in the room. Sam sat in the chair he was previously sitting in.

"Um," Cielo raked her mind for her last memories, "we found Sam," she finally said. "And then this guy tried to get to Sam, but I ran and pushed him out of the way. And then I felt, like, this sharp pain? Like, almost white hot, you know?" Sam nodded and listened intently to what she had to say. "And I remember falling, but Sam catching me, and then I remembered a million different memories at once," Cielo looked at Sam. He nodded and staring at her intently, "and then that was it."