Chapter Twenty-Three

"You lost the foot?" Cielo hissed into her phone. Diana looked at her, grabbing a few bags of chips.

"In our defense, it was stolen," Dean replied.

Yes, Sam and Dean were supposed to be at Biggerson's, but Cielo and Diana were left on beer runs this week and they needed a restock on snacks and First Aid.

"What's going on?" Diana asked her sister.

Cielo moved the phone down slightly to reply to her sister. "The boys were stupid enough to let the foot get stolen and now Sam's gonna die."

Diana scoffed, "Figures."

"Hey, hey, hey!" Dean yelled into the phone. Cielo rolled her eyes and put the phone back into place. "The waitress was hot and neither of us even saw her go through Sam's pocket."

Cielo couldn't help the little pang of jealousy that came up her throat. "Whatever," she spat.

Dean's voice immediately changed from terrified to a teasing tone. "What? Are you jealous?" He questioned.

"Dean, back to the topic on hand! What are you gonna do now?" She questioned, grabbing a bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

"We're gonna head back to the place we got the foot at," Dean replied. "They were gonna sell it to some chick, so maybe their tongues will loosen and we'll find her."

Cielo sighed, picking up a pack of cotton pads. "Okay, anything else?"

Dean giggled, "Sam fell and scraped his knees."

Cielo hit her forehead with her hand. "Is he alright?" She asked in a monotone.

"He's fine. He's just being a big baby. Maybe you can kiss his booboos away and make him feel better."

"I'm hanging up now."

"Okay, meet us at the apartment."

With that, Cielo hung up, just as promised.

⛧⛧⛧

The group met up outside the apartment complex where they had found the cursed rabbit's foot and made their way upstairs. Cielo held in a laugh as she saw Sam's ripped up jeans at the knees. "At least you'll be trendy," she had said.

To which, Sam replied: "Shut up."

Dean easily turned the knob on the door and found Grossman, one of the guys who had broken into John's storage unit and stole the foot. He was sitting on a chair in the middle of the room, a bottle of liquor in hand with a photo his other. A sad Spanish song was playing somewhere throughout the house and Cielo giggled to herself at the lyrics. Not at the situation, that would just be mean.

"Oh, man," Grossman said upon their appearance. "What do you want?"

"Heard about your friend," Dean said, walking towards him. They all made it into the apartment, the girl settling herself by Sam and Diana. "It's bad luck."

"Piss off," Grossman said as she closed the door.

"We know someone hired you to steal the rabbit's foot— a woman."

"Yeah?" Grossman tested. "How do you know that?"

"Because she just stole it back from us," Diana explained.

Grossman started to laugh. Desperately, Sam took a step forward, ready to explain the situation, only to trip on a wire and pull the radio out from the bookshelf behind him. He caught it, but lost balance and tried to catch himself with the lamp, only to bring it down with him. Cielo covered her mouth with her hand as the lightbulb shattered, holding in her laughter.