Chapter Forty-Two

Bobby's okay, thank God. The hospitals were able to transfer him to Sioux Falls General to continue his treatment until he was able to go home. His own stabbing was effective enough to kill the demon possessing him, but not effective enough to kill him. He'd been quiet. No one knew what he was thinking or what his thoughts were on the situation he was in. All Cielo and Diana could do is be there for him for whatever he needs. He didn't like to be babied, and that's not what they were going to do, but he can't exactly run to the store or up the stairs of the house.

Cielo walks up behind Sam. As much as she assured him that it was the demon talking and not him, he refused to overstep in the case that it was Bobby talking at the time. "May be a stupid question," she says when she gets to him, causing him to turn towards her, "but are you alright?"

Sam shrugs, looking back at the man in the wheelchair. "As good as I can be, I guess."

Cielo gives a small smile up at him, rubbing his arm. Dean arrives to the two with Diana; he's holding an orange envelope in his hand and a sense of urgency in his steps. "What's it been— like, three days now?" He questions when he gets to them, Diana a couple steps behind. Sam sighs, not responding. "We gotta cheer him up."

"What do you think we've been trying to do?" Diana says quietly. "He won't budge to anything."

"Maybe, I'll give him a back rub," Dean suggests.

Cielo cringes beside Sam. "Dean," Sam says.

"Well, what, then?"

"Look," Sam turns a bit from his place by the door to face Dean. He's already an inch closer to Cielo just from that. "We might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce back this time." All of them sigh, Cielo looking back at her father sadly. "What's in the envelope?"

Dean opens it, pulling out x-rays of his ribs. "Went to Radiology. Got some glamour shots." He hands the photos to Sam, who tilts them in a way for both him and Cielo to see. "Let's just say the doctors are baffled."

"Holy shit," Cielo breathes out.

"Yeah, well, Cas carved you both one, too."

Cielo's eyes almost pop out of her head as she instinctively places her hands on her ribs. Sam's phone rings and while he pulls it out, Cielo is petrified that the same carvings are on her bones too. "Castiel?" Sam questions.

"Speak of the Devil," Dean says.

"Uh... Sioux Falls General."

Cielo can't get over the fact as she looks up at Diana. "Son of a bitch, I'm a tree at an elementary school," she says.

Diana snorts, shaking her head. "We've all had one of those trees."

Suddenly, Castiel is walking up by Cielo and Diana. "You little shit!" Cielo gapes.

"Cellphone, Cas? Really?" Dean tells him. "Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?"

"You're hidden from angels now— all angels."

Cielo instantly calms down, dropping her arms. "Oh," she says. "The carvings aren't that bad, then."

Sam chuckles at her, looking back at the group's angel friend. "I won't be able to simply—"

"Enough foreplay," Bobby says from the room. The entire group peeks into the room, looking at the old man. "Get over here and lay your damn hands on." They're all quiet as Bobby turns to look at them. "Get healing— now."

"Calm down, you're sounding like a dad," Diana retorts, earning a giggle from Cielo.

"I can't," Castiel tells him.