Chapter Sixty-One

Castiel? The new God? In what world did that sound right? Cielo stands in front of Sam, him still holding on to her but mostly to keep himself standing. Dean's cradling his arm, Diana's got most of her strength on her right leg, and Bobby's standing there almost like he got frozen in time.

    "Well," Bobby begins and Cielo looks from Castiel to Bobby. "Alright, then." Bobby slowly goes down to his knees and Cielo already feels herself either cringe or want to try stabbing Cas again. Once her father's down on the ground, he speaks up again. "This good or... you want the whole forehead-to-the-carpet thing?" She hoped Castiel wouldn't expect the whole nine... there were glass shards on the floor. "Guys?"

    Sam knows it's probably a good idea to go down on his knees for Castiel, but for the life of him, he can't seem to even stand straight without the support of Cielo. Still, the four, slowly but surely, start sinking to their knees, but neither of them get too far because Castiel stops them.

    "What's the point if you don't mean it?" Castiel says. "You fear me." No shit. "Not love, not respect— just fear."

    Sam limps forward to Castiel, shaking his head a bit like he does. He keeps a hand on Cielo's shoulder, using the most of his strength to keep himself up. "Cas..."

    "Sam, you have nothing to say to me," Castiel interjects. "Your wife-to-be stabbed me in the back." Cielo scrunches her nose and furrows her eyebrows at Castiel. Damn. Castiel looks at Bobby, more so, since he was the only one on the ground. "Get up," he instructs.

    Once Bobby is standing again, Dean looks at Castiel with a look that only Cielo can pinpoint. Confusion, betrayal, most of all. She had the look every time she looked at Sam years ago when the demons were barely breaking the seals for Lucifer's freedom and they were all convinced that angels were myths. "Cas, come on. This is not you."

    "The Castiel you knew is gone," the angel— God replies.

    "So what, then? Kill us?"

    Castiel turns so that he's facing Dean with his entire body. "What a brave little ant you are. You know you're powerless. You wouldn't dare move against me again. That would be pointless." Sam is swaying again, Cielo notices. She sticks her hand out, gripping onto his jacket to gently pull him back so she can hold him up. "I have no need to kill you. Not now. Besides... once, you were my favorite pets, before you turned and bit me."

    "Who are you?" Dean questions. Cielo would ask the same thing, none of this sounded like the angel she was friends with at one point. Sam wraps his arm around Cielo's shoulders for more support while she wraps hers around his torso.

    "I'm God." Cielo lets out a breath, a short one, one that was like it was the last of the air in her lungs. "And if you stay in your place, you may live in my kingdom. If you rise up, I will strike you down." Sam isn't even paying attention anymore, just focusing on not falling and dragging Cielo with him. "Not doing so well, are you, Sam?" Both Cielo and Sam look up at Castiel in surprise.

    "I'm fine," Sam replies, suddenly a bit more tense. He clears his throat, looking back at Dean who's looking at him in question. "I'm fine," Sam says again.

    "You said you would fix him," Dean tells Castiel. "You promised!"

    "If you stood down, which you hardly did." The youngest Singer feels blood boil in her veins, wanting to go and tackle Castiel to the ground and use the blade to stab him again, even if she knows it's pointless. "Be thankful for my mercy. I could've cast you back in the pit."

    Oh, that son of a bitch is gonna get it.

    Cielo glares at Castiel, a deadly one that would've had anyone getting the chills. "Cas, come on, this is nuts," Diana finally says. "You can turn this around and we'll help you!" She tries to reason. "Please!"