Business trip

_____________

A few weeks later
_____________

As per request, Xavier had kept his distance from Sofia only engaging in professional meetings.

Sofia and Xavier sat side by side at Xavier's desk, their heads bowed in concentration as they worked on a project. The office was quiet. The only sound was the scratching of pens on paper and the occasional click of a computer mouse.

As they worked, Sofia shifted in her seat, trying to find a more comfortable position. In doing so, her leg brushed against Xavier's, causing them both to pause.

"Sorry," she murmured, pulling her leg back.

He stared at her and tucked her hair behind her ear. She shivered at the touch of his fingertips against her skin.

"Excuse me." She blurted out and got up to leave.

"Stop." He commanded.

She took a deep breath and turned back to him. "Yes, sir?"

"Are you busy this week, Sofia?" He asked.

"No." She answered quickly.

"Liar." He teased. "It's your birthday this week, isn't it?"

"Yes. It is."

"Well, you're going to have to cancel your plans." He told her coldly.

"What, why?"

"Because we have a business conference to attend to and you're coming."

"You're joking." She said, stunned.

"No, I'm not. I'll pay you overtime for your troubles.

"Okay, what is this about? All of a sudden, you're a total ass to me." She said, frowning. "I want us to be friends, at least, but you are so ughhh."

Xavier chuckled. "Are you done with your little tantrum?" He asked.

Sofia took a deep breath. Even though she hated celebrating her birthday, she was looking forward to taking the day off.

"Fine. Is there. Anything else, sir?"

"Yes." He said. "We leave on Wednesday."

"But today is Tuesday. I haven't even -"

"I'll take care of everything. You just have to meet me at the airport at 9AM." Xavier told her.

"Okay. Fine." She said and walked out she took out her phone and texted her Anna.

Sofia: I need your help. Come over later?

Anna: it's a date.

_______________

Later, at Sofia's apartment
______________

Sofia sat on her bed, staring at her empty suitcase with a look of frustration on her face. She couldn't believe Xavier had just sprung a last-minute business trip on her. She had barely enough time to pack, let alone mentally prepare herself for the trip.

As she fumbled with her clothes, her best friend Anna walked into the room. "Hey, what's going on?" Anna asked, noticing the look of distress on Sofia's face.

Sofia let out a sigh and explained the situation to Anna. "Xavier just dropped this trip on me out of nowhere. And it's not even like he asked nicely. He's been so mean to me lately, I can't even handle it."

Anna nodded in understanding and began to help Sofia pack. As they folded clothes and sorted through toiletries, Sofia continued to vent to Anna about Xavier's recent behavior.

"He's just been so condescending and rude to me lately. I don't know what I did to deserve this treatment," Sofia said, her voice laced with frustration. "I don't even understand. It's like he just erased me from his memory."

Anna listened attentively, offering words of comfort and support. "You don't deserve to be treated that way, Sofia. You're an amazing employee and friend. Maybe this trip will be a chance to show Xavier what you're capable of and change his attitude towards you."

Sofia thought about Anna's words and felt a glimmer of hope. Maybe this trip could be a turning point for her and Xavier's relationship. She finished packing her bags with Anna's help and felt a sense of relief, knowing she had a supportive friend by her side.

"Thanks, Anna," Sofia said, giving her friend a hug. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Anna smiled. "That's what friends are for. Now go show Xavier, who's boss. Okay bitch?"

She giggled and hugged her best friend tightly.

____________

Xavier's Mansion
____________

Jenna and Xavier were sitting in the living room, having a heated discussion.

Jenna: "I can't believe you're going on a business trip without me. And to make matters worse, you're taking your assistant Sofia instead of me?"

Xavier: "Jenna, it's just a business trip. Sofia has been working with me, and she knows the ins and outs of the project we're working on. Plus, it's not like we're going on a vacation."

Jenna: "That's not the point, Xavier. We've talked about this before. We're supposed to be partners, and that means we're supposed to be a team. You can't just leave me behind like this."

Xavier: "Sofia is an integral part of the team, and she needs to be there. It's not like I'm intentionally trying to exclude you."

Jenna: "But you are excluding me! You're taking someone else with you instead of your own wife! How do you think that makes me feel?"

Xavier: "Oh, so would you like to come to my meetings with me?"

Jenna: "Fine. Just go then. But don't expect me to be happy about it."

Xavier: "Nothing makes you happy except for my credit card."

Jenna: "No, Xavier. It's not just a business trip.

Xavier: "I'm so sick of this God! Everything I made time for you it was you canceling or wanting to spend time with your friends instead."

Jenna: "That's not true!"

Xavier: "Answer me this, Jenna. Have you been completely faithful throughout our marriage?"

Suddenly, she went completely silent.

Xavier: "Right well, while you think about it, I'm gonna go rest."