Temper

Xavier stumbled into his home office, his head buzzing with a cocktail of anger, hurt, and alcohol. Sofia wasn't answering his messages, and he showed up to her apartment a few times, but she wasn't there.

But now, as he surveyed the room before him, he knew that everything had changed. His computer, printer, and papers lay scattered about the room, as if he had just thrown them all in a fit of rage. And, in a way, he had. His anger had boiled over, and he had lashed out at everything around him.

He stumbled to his desk, knocking over a pile of books in the process. He grabbed a bottle of whiskey from the drawer and poured himself a large glass, gulping it down in one go. The burn of the alcohol in his throat was a welcome distraction from the pain he felt in his chest.

He threw himself into his chair and let out a deep sigh. He couldn't believe that Sofia had left him. She had been the only bright spot in his otherwise dull and monotonous life. And now she was gone, leaving him with nothing but the empty bottles of alcohol scattered around his office.

He took another swig of whiskey and slammed the glass down on the desk. He wasn't going to back down. Sofia was his. And he was hers.

"What the hell is going on in here?" Jenna asked angrily.

Xavier: "Leave me alone." He slurred.

Jenna: "You're drunk."

Xavier: "So what?"

Jenna: "Quit being a bitch and get yourself together."

Xavier: "I know what you did."

Jenna "What are you talking about?"

Xavier: "I know blackmailed Sofia!" He yelled and stood up.

Jenna: "I-i, did she tell you that?"

Xavier: "No, she hasn't because she has been avoiding me!" He yelled as he backed her into a corner.

Jenna: "I did it for you. I love you."

Xavier: "No, you did it for you. So you could keep living here and spending my money. Be honest, Jenna. You loved the lifestyle."

Jenna: "That's not true! You just want to blame me so you can be with her! She wouldn't love you if she knew who you really were!"

Xavier: "I'm done with you. Call your lawyer. I want a divorce. 

Jenna: "No, you're not! You're not leaving me!"

Xavier: "Oh yes, I am. With the prenup I had you sign, I will be fine."

Jenna: "You're not leaving me! I am not going back to my parents."

Xavier: "You don't have to. You can keep the house. I'll have my things picked up. And mark my words, Jenna, if you ever try to hurt her again..... I won't hesitate to have you killed as payback for when you tried to kill me."

Jenna: "I need you, Xavier!"

Xavier: "Sounds personal."

Jenna kept yelling as he stumbled out of his house and into his car, driving recklessly through the streets until he arrived at Sofia's building. He stumbled up the stairs, his head spinning, and knocked on her door.

Sofia answered the door, looking surprised and concerned to see him in such a state. Xavier could barely stand, and he stumbled into her apartment, collapsing onto her couch.

"Xavier?  Are you drunk?" She asked.

"Mabye." He chuckled.

Sofia sat down next to him, her expression softening as she saw the pain in his eyes.

Sofia got up and went to the kitchen, returning with a glass of water and some aspirin. She handed them to Xavier, who gratefully took them.

"You can't be here." She told him.

Xavier: "I'm divorcing Jenna."

Sofia: "What?"

Xavier: "Don't worry, I made her. Sign a prenup."

Sofia: "Xavier, I wasn't talking about the prenup. I just -"

Xavier: "She won't tell anyone about your family, Sofia."

Sofia: "You knew?"

Xavier: "Zoe told me about it."

Sofia: "Oh..."

Sofia's heart beat quickened. Did Zoe tell him about the test?

Xavier: "You're not leaving me."

Sofia: "Xavier....."

Xavier: "No. You're not leaving me. Wherever you go. Whatever you do. I will always find you. I want you, Sofia Gracia."

Sofia: "You knew about my real name?"

Xavier: "Oh please, Sofia. You worked at my company, of course, I knew."

Sofia: "Do you hate me?"

Xavier: "I could never hater you."

Sofia: "You said hater." She smiled.

Xavier: "No. You said hater."

Sofia smiled at him, her eyes warm and kind. She leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips, and Xavier felt a spark of hope ignite within him.

As the night wore on, Xavier and Sofia talked and laughed, the atmosphere between them becoming more relaxed and intimate. They moved from the couch to the bed, where they cuddled and talked until they both fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning, Xavier woke up to find Sofia looking down at him with a small smile on her lips.

"That's creepy." He told her.

"What? I'm just being Edward from Twilight." She joked.

"Who's Edward?" He asked her.

"Who's Edward? Have you been living under a rock?"

Sofia then began to explain to Xavier about the twilight movies.

"Jacob fell in love with a baby?" He asked in horror.

"Is that really the only thing you ask after everything I just said?" She said, rolling her eyes.

"It's weird."

"It's romantic and a bit sexy. Not the baby part."

He couldn't resist pulling her on top of him.

"It's weird, and I'm never watching it." He told her.

Sofia giggled as she straddled him, her hands resting on his chest. Xavier felt a surge of desire as he looked up at her, his eyes tracing the curve of her body.

Without a word, Sofia leaned down and kissed him, her lips soft and inviting. Xavier reached up and pulled her closer, deepening the kiss. Sofia took charge, her hands roaming over his body as she explored every inch of him. She forgot about the past few days and lost herself in him.

Xavier groaned as he felt her hands on him, his desire growing with every passing moment. He wanted her, needed her, and he knew that she wanted him just as much.

Sofia broke the kiss and leaned back, a sultry smile on her lips. "I want you," she said, her voice low and seductive.

Xavier grinned up at her, feeling a sense of excitement and anticipation. He was ready to let go of the past and embrace whatever the future held for him and Sofia.

~

Meanwhile, Jenna stood next to the toilet and dumped her pills into the water.

"You're not leaving me." She whispered as she held the gun in her free hand.