Chapter ten.

Arthur stares at the golden sparks hanging in suspense in the room, forming an image. No, forming a moving image that had gone on repeat ever since he had woken up to a harsh slap to his face from Merlin's hand.

     He had woken up startled and jumped out of his bed, unsheathing his sword form it's scabbard. Turning around the room to find the intruder, which would be a wonder if they ever did make it inside. Every since Merlin had been retrieved back from that dungeon of the doomed, he had a guard stationed outside of his room. And when Merlin's brother had shown up, he started to feel uneasy about this man. So he had put guards at the bottom of the stairs and moved his best knights to the royal wing.

     But when he didn't see any intruder, he finally noticed the moving golden sparks around in what looks to be an image. They were playing the scene of Merlin being banished over and over again. Up until he fell asleep on his brother's dining table. Where is the rest? How did he end up in that dungeon?

     Arthur had immediately gone to the guards outside of his bedchamber doors and ordered them to fetch Gaius for him. To tell him that it's an emergency but not with Merlin's health. He didn't want the physician to have an heart attack before he even could get here.

     As one of the guards was fetching Gaius, Arthur had crawled back into his bed and pulled Merlin into his chest. His mind still trying to piece together why these scenes end every time at that stupid dining table. It doesn't make sense to Arthur. Why?

     He shakes his head, he couldn't be? No, that can't be? He doesn't want this to be true, it would mean that even Merlin would have a rotten family member among him. And he had openly welcomed this man into his home where Merlin is recovering from his hell. This man would make Morgana seem like a merciful woman.

     The doors open to his room, Gaius steps in with his nightgown on and a sleepy look on his face. First thing he notices is Arthur sitting on the bed with Merlin, stroking his head and looking too calm to be anything wrong with Merlin. So what could the problem be? He hadn't noticed the moving image beside him.

     Gaius huffs. "Why did you wake me, Sire?" He asks tiredly of his king. Having been so rudely awakened from his sleep by a worried knight over the warlock.

     It wasn't a secret that everyone loves Merlin, that all of the castle staff, the knights and even the guards have missed the chaotic goofy boy, that always managed to make their king smile. But also was very nice to them and always happy to see everyone, even if he did forget occasionally your name, it was never a problem as he did manage to come up with it again a few minutes later.

     Arthur points to the golden sparkly image, still repeating the scenes they had been playing since Arthur had woken up. "What is that, Gaius?" Arthur asks, knowing that Gaius would have the answer.

     Gaius looks at the familiar image, not that what os being played is familiar to him, it's the fact that it's happened again when Merlin is asleep and still sick that this has happened. He knows when the last time this had happened to Merlin. It was a couple of years ago, Merlin had come back from a hunting trip with Arthur and the knights, he had caught a severe case of the cold.

     He knows that Arthur needs to know. "I'm not sure what it is, Sire. Nor do i know when it happens to Merlin but i believe that these images are what he's dreaming of and my guess is that they're memories." Gaius explains to Arthur.

     Arthur nods. "I had come to that conclusion myself, Gaius. But why does it show now? Not when we first found him?" Arthur asks, he's worried and he knows that Gaius can see that. He feels so useless when it comes to magic and helping Merlin with those things. He never had learned anything about magic as a child and now he wishes that he had spend the last two years getting the basics.