𝟬𝟬𝟭 the perfect girl

Chapter OneThe Perfect Girl

Chapter One
The Perfect Girl

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

The moment Kalani stepped through the doors of the Omega Beta Kappa party, she was immediately greeted by drunk college students. She originally didn't want to come, but her entire friend group is here. So, here Kalani was. She didn't make it too far before someone grabbed her arm, turning Kalani around, and her sister stood in front of her.

          "Why are you so late?" Anika questioned the younger Kayoko sister, then looked Kalani up and down. "You chose to dress up as a vampire?"

          Kalani couldn't help but let out a laugh, the fake fangs becoming noticeable. "Look at what you're wearing. What even is this?" She messed with Anika's hat and Anika swatted her hand away.

          Anika rolled her eyes at her sister, but then said something that caught Kalani off guard. "You didn't answer my question. Why are you so late? Your boyfriend is waiting for you."

          For a split second, Kalani first thought of Chad, but remembered they aren't together anymore. That's when she remembered Ethan. Kalani was no longer smiling, she always forgets that to fake a relationship, you need to actually act like you're in one.

          "I was studying with Peyton." Kalani shrugged, going to walk past her sister, but Anika moved in front of her.

          "And he's with Chad," Anika referred to Ethan, and it sounded like she was warning her about spending the party with her ex and current boyfriend.

          Kalani let out a sigh. "They're roommates, and friends, Anika."

          "Yeah, is this the part when you finally tell me why Ethan?" Anika furrowed her eyebrows.

          Kalani rolled her eyes this time. "You want me to move on from Chad and when I do, you interrogate me." She said to Anika.

A look came across Anika's face that reminded Kalani she was only being this way because she's the older sister. "I just don't want to see you get hurt. Again."

"I think I'll be okay." Kalani told her sister, moving around her and she passed by Mindy who called out to Kalani, but Kalani just smiled at the girl as she kept walking.

She didn't make it her goal to find Ethan, her goal was more so to get away from Anika. She loves her sister, but sometimes Anika cares a little too much and it makes Kalani feel suffocated. Kalani was suddenly offered a drink by a frat boy she didn't recognize, declining it and turning to keep walking, but saw Tara approaching her.