𝟬𝟬𝟰 who am i without you?

Chapter FourWho Am I Without You?

Chapter Four
Who Am I Without You?

TW: mention of blood, gore, death

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"What do you mean you aren't staying at Sam's tonight?" Kalani asked, her phone held to her ear as she paces back and forth in her dorm room.

          "I forgot that I have Econ class that I can't miss," Ethan's voice came from the other end of the phone.

          Kalani pinched the bridge of her nose. She told Anika earlier that she and Ethan were going over to Sam's together, so that Anika didn't have to walk with Kalani all the way to the Carpenter's apartment. But now Ethan was ditching her, and the sleepover, for Econ that he didn't care to mention until now.

          Kalani normally wouldn't be scared to walk the streets of New York at night, but with Ghostface lurking around, it made her more anxious than usual. She dropped her hand to her side, looking around at the empty dorm room. Peyton was out with her own friends, so Kalani couldn't ask her roommate to come with her.

          "You know what? It's fine," Kalani sighed. "I'll just call Chad and see if he's still on campus." She told the boy on the other end.

          Ethan was quiet for a moment, but then his voice came through. "I actually think he's already there. He left the dorm a while ago."

          "Well, I'm still gonna call him," Kalani couldn't hide the nerves in her tone and Ethan could tell she didn't want to be going alone.

          "Nothing's going to happen to you, Kalani." He reassured her quickly, but it didn't work as much as Ethan thought.

          Another sigh left Kalani's lips. "Yeah, people always say that in the horror movies, and then something always happens."

"You're just paranoid, Kalani. I promise nothing is going to happen to you,"

Kalani felt her phone vibrate and she pulled it away from her ear to see Anika texted her asking if she and Ethan were still coming. She then moved the phone back to her ear.

          "I have to go," Kalani told him, "Have fun at Econ." She said a little too bitterly.

          "Kalani, wait–" Ethan started, but Kalani hung up the phone before she could hear what he needed to say.