𝟬𝟭𝟮 only the death of me

Chapter TwelveOnly The Death Of Me

Chapter Twelve
Only The Death Of Me

TW: lots of mentions of blood, gore, death

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

          "He was... so pathetic," Sam finally muttered out a response after Bailey's entire speech about Richie.

           Bailey looked confused, tilting his head. He hasn't lowered his gun at all. "That's not true."

          "Yeah, your son, he was a man-baby who made his girlfriend do all the killing."

           Kalani didn't know if Sam was playing this smart or if she finally had enough, but she did know that her words were only angering Bailey and his two kids even more. She saw the brick in Tara's hand that the girl picked up at some point. Kalani couldn't feel the knife touching her, but she can tell Ethan hasn't moved it at all.

            If she makes it out alive, Kalani won't ever be able to look at the shy and dorky boys the same. Let alone befriend one.

           "He was a strong, virile young man!" Bailey defended his dead son.

           "He was a limp-dick little fuck who cried before I slit his throat–"

           Before Sam could continue, her words were enough to make Quinn snap. "Shut the fuck up!" The red-haired girl shrieked, running to stab Sam, but Tara quickly spun around and swung the brick against Quinn's face.

         Kalani watched as blood spewed from Quinn's mouth as she fell to the floor, cringing at the sight of her teeth leaving a bloody mess. Before anyone could even react, Kirby had miraculously endured the gunshots from earlier and fired her gun at Bailey, sending the man to the ground.

Ethan's attention turned to Kirby instead of Kalani, giving her the perfect opportunity to run as Tara called out for her sister and Kalani to follow. But, Kalani couldn't bring herself to run away as she watched Ethan push Kirby to the ground and taunt her with the knife in his hand.

           She could either run, or she could finally put her anger to use.

"Kalani! Come on!" Tara desperately shouted.

           "I'll be right behind you!" The Kayoko girl reassured Tara, then picked up a brick from the floor and hurried over to where Ethan was hovering over Kirby.