𝟬𝟬𝟴 something bad is about to happen

Chapter EightSomething Bad Is About To Happen

Chapter Eight
Something Bad Is About To Happen

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

          Kalani has had a lot of time to think to herself these past few days. She's tried her hardest to fight off the thoughts that were fueled by Anika's death, the thoughts of ending the life of whoever killed her sister. Kalani was always quick to get angry, she knows that, but she would never label herself as bloodthirsty.

At least that was until Kalani had to watch her sister die, and she couldn't do anything but watch.

The worst part is that she felt like she couldn't tell these things to her friends, even if they felt the same way. But Kalani was brought back to reality where she stood in Gale's apartment lobby with Ethan next to her, and Kalani realized that somewhere in the haze; she started to distance herself from her friends and grow closer to Ethan.

His hand was intertwined with hers, Kalani's head resting on his arm as both she and Ethan stood while the other sat down on the couches. They haven't talked much that day and although Ethan was usually a quiet person, he always talked more when Kalani is around.

          Was Ghostface's presence scaring him? Did he regret last night? Or was there another reason why he was so quiet today? Kalani wanted to ask what was on his mind, but she couldn't bring herself to do it.

          Without moving her head from leaning against Ethan, Kalani's eyes followed Danny as he rushed through the doors, toward Sam specifically.

          "I got here as fast as I could," Danny spoke, but his words just seemed to alarm everyone more than reassure them.

"Did you?" Tara questioned, skeptical of the guy, but they couldn't blame her. She was on edge. They all were.

"I'm scared, you guys," Mindy's voice cracked, the fear obvious in each word, "I really don't want to get hurt again."

          It was quiet, until Chad spoke up. "Neither do I."

          "I don't want you getting hurt again, either." His twin said to him and Chad moved to his head to rest on Mindy's shoulder.

          "I know, I know," Chad sighed.

           It felt like Kalani's breath got stuck in her throat. It hurt to see Chad and Mindy worried about each other, not wanting the other to die. It hurt that every single thing brought her to the realization Kalani no longer had her sister next to her.