𝟬𝟭𝟭 the red means i love you

Chapter ElevenThe Red Means I Love You

Chapter Eleven
The Red Means I Love You

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

His smile was just fueling Kalani's anger even more. She couldn't even mutter a response before Ethan started talking again. His voice used to be one of her favorite sounds, but now it felt like someone was shoving knives in her ears.

         "Mindy was right. It was easy to juke the roommate lottery. All I had to do was room with a conceited, condescending alpha literally named Chad! Fuck, it felt good to kill him!" Ethan exclaimed, the smile not leaving his face once, and his eyes never seemed to shift away from Kalani.

          She stood there, frozen and in shock. Did she have her suspicions? Sure. Should she have trusted her head instead of her heart? Definitely. All Kalani could think about was.. everything. Everything she and Ethan did, everything they said to each other. The entire time, Ethan was the killer.

          She finally recalled the Halloween party, how jealous Ethan got, and how Ryan died not too long after. Then, Kalani remembered the apartment attack, and how Ethan practically begged her to believe it wasn't him and that he would never hurt her, and it felt like her heart had finally been set aflame.

          Ethan then held up his knife, pointing it at Kalani. "I did you a favor–"

          "A f– a favor?" Kalani cut him off, her words having a venomous sting to them, "You didn't do me a fucking favor!"

          "Chad didn't know how to leave you alone!" Ethan raised his voice, tightening his grip on the handle of his knife. "Neither did that fucking douchebag Ryan. I wanted to tell you, but.. fuck, lying to you was the fun part!" He actually laughed, clearly high on adrenaline from this entire situation.

          Kalani felt like the words had got stuck in her throat, she shook her head as a simple response, having to look away from him. She struggled to process all of it, even when Ethan moved on to the ghost mask in his hand, pointing his knife at the one he wore.

          "This was your grandmother's, Sam. Nancy Loomis?" Ethan raised his eyebrows, and his smile then faded from his face. "Really runs in the fucking family, doesn't it?" He rhetorically asked before moving on, "Speaking of family..."

          Bailey chimed in, "Wait for it!"

          "My name's not Ethan Landry. Is it, Dad?" Ethan looked at the man to his side, earning a fit of laughter from Bailey.