𝟬𝟬𝟯 new york, new rules

Chapter ThreeNew York, New Rules

Chapter Three
New York, New Rules

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Kalani woke up to police sirens outside of her dorm hall at around three in the morning. She had woken Peyton too, asking the girl to go with her to see what was going on. After the murder of Jason and Greg, Kalani was scared that someone else died, and it made her more scared at the thought of it being her sister, or Mindy, or Chad.

A small part of her worried that something might've happened to Ethan too. But maybe that's the part of her that would miss having someone to constantly argue with.

She and Peyton hurried out of their room, still in their pajamas as they rushed to the exit of the dorm hall. Police cars and an ambulance were lined up on the other side of the street, caution tape surrounding a grassed area where most students would sit to hang out.

Other students were standing outside as well, trying to figure out what was going on. Kalani squinted to try and get a better look to see what was going on, but she couldn't tell. She glanced to the side and her eyes surprisingly found Mindy in the small crowd of people.

"Mindy?" Kalani spoke up, catching the other girl's attention. "Do you know what happened? Where's my sister?" She asked, rushing up to Mindy, internally panicking that the absence of Anika meant something happened to her.

"She's at her dorm, she's okay," Mindy reassured the younger Kayoko sister. "But.. someone did die," She muttered, looking back at the commotion going on.

Peyton stood behind Kalani, both of their eyebrows furrowed as they stared at Mindy. "Who?" Peyton asked before Kalani could.

Mindy looked at Peyton, then at Kalani. She didn't look scared, or sympathetic to whoever died, but by the way Mindy looked specifically at Kalani made Kalani's heart drop.

"Ryan Greer." Mindy told them.

A breath of relief left Kalani's mouth, not because Ryan was dead, but because for a split second, she actually thought Ethan was the one who died. But then, Kalani actually processed the name that left Mindy's lips.

"Wait, what?" Kalani's eyebrows knitted together. "Was it–"

"Ghostface? Yeah. Some kid caught a video of someone in a ghost mask fleeing the scene." Mindy's arms crossed her arms against her chest, it seemed like she was thinking hard about something.