Chapter TwentyThree

Being awake and in Thomas Shelby's arms was a great way to start the day. Even if it was at 0600.

"Goodmorning." Thomas took off his reading glasses and set them on his nightstand. He was reading a business book.

"How long have you been up?" I asked, resting on my side and looking at him. He was shirtless and drowsy. He hasn't been up long.

"Ten minutes." He pulled me back into his embrace. "You worried me last night. You made me a lighter sleeper." He told me. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Last night?" I asked.

"Yeah, you woke up screaming and crying." He looked me in my eyes. Then I remembered.

"Sorry. I guess the things in my past are finally catching up with me." I mumbled as I got up and walked over to the dresser which I kept my clothes in.

I got out a white shirt and my usual navy blue suits. My boots were in the corner of the room along with my overcoat. Sometimes I felt guilty about dressing so masculine. I mean, Thomas isn't marrying a damn man.

He came up behind me and kissed the back of my neck while hugging my lightly putting his arms around me. He looked at himself in the mirror. He grabbed etymological face lightly and planted a kiss on my cheekbone before leaving to get his clothes on.

"I got you something," Thomas said, opening his drawer and walking over to me with a faint smile on his face.

"What?" I asked as pulled my vest on, not buttoning it yet.

"Close your eyes." He said. I smiled and closed them. A small giggle left my throat as I felt his hands reach around my neck and let a pendant of some kind fall around my neck.

"Can I open my eyes?" I asked polietly. I heard him giggle as he planted a kiss on my neck.

"Not yet. Give me your hand." He reached for my left hand and slid a ring on. The metal was cold against my skin. 

"Open them." He kissed my cheek.

I looked around my neck, a small silver chain with a small blue sapphire on the end. It had small diamonds in the banding and it was just beautiful. The ring on the other hand, was beautiful. It didn't have diamonds, instead small engravings on it. It was a band.

"They're gorgeous." I turned around and kissed him. He smiled, kissing me back and interlocked his hands around my waist. I don't think I've ever loved someone this much.

"Gorgeous jewelry for a gorgeous woman." Tom said as he looked into my eyes. I think I was just a hint taller than him.

"Mr. Shelby! Your breakfast is ready sir!" Francis said from the other side of the door. Thomas sighed.

"Tell the chef to make a second plate." He looked towards me. "What do you want?" He asked.

"Whatever's easiest and quick-" he cut me off.

"Just make a second plate of mine." He called out to his maid. I rolled my eyes as I buttoned my vest up and tricked it into my pants and put my holsters on. My guns were at the entrance of the house.

"Why do you dress like that?" He asked, not in an offensive way, but in a curious way. 

"I've never been fond of dresses." I told him as he pulled his pants up and buttoned his shirt.

"Why not? I think you'd look great in one." He told me. "You'd look fantastic in anything."

"They get in the way. If I'm doing a job I don't really want to flash anybody. Especially now." I told him. "They don't stay up very well. They make my tits feel weird." I kinda laughed at the last part.