Epilouge

Ten years later
December 25, 1939

"Alright," I smiled as Charlie and Anna watched me hold up a rifle. I looked through the iron sight and aimed for the small red circle. "You squeeze the trigger, don't shut your eyes." I said as I hit the target.

Anna was 9 and Charlie was 16. Thomas had two kids. What a fucking surprise. And I had one. Anna Lia Shelby.

Charlie held the rifle to his shoulder and aimed for the spot, hitting it. I smiled as he congratulated his accomplishment, handing the gun to his sister. He stopped smiling one he finally got the pain in his shoulder from the kickback.

"What are you three troublemakers doing out here?" Thomas came out with a cigarette in his mouth and a smile on his face.

"Mom's teaching us how to shoot long distances." Charlie said, looking at his father. Ever since he knew we'd be together forever, he called me mom.

We got a spot in northern Montana on a ranch. He had horses, cows, even three dogs. It wasn't the life Thomas Shelby was planning on having, but it's what he got and he loved every minute of it. His company didn't matter to him anymore. Just his family.

"She's good at that." Thomas said as he put a hand on my shoulder as he watched Anna shoot the rifle. She hit the middle of the target. Just like her mother.

With the war going on, we didn't really talk to anyone about business. I wrote for the paper occasionally. It was under the name Angelina Trace, but who the fuck cares. It got us money even though we didn't need it.

"I'm freezing." Thomas said, looking like a pencil. I laughed and handed him the gun.

"Maybe because you came out here without a coat." I told him, making him smile and grab my shoulder to walk with me. Charlie and Anna ran to the house, grabbing firewood on their way in.

Thomas and I walked to the stables, throwing horses hay. It was Christmas night, so I decided to be generous towards the horses.

"You know I never thanked you for doing this," Thomas said once we were done. I turned towards him and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Doing what?" I asked and he hooked his arms around my waist. He kissed me lazily and looked me in the eyes.

"Coming here, making me happier. Making yourself happier... " he trailed off, giving me another kiss. "If we would've stayed in England I probably would've been dead by now, in the ground with worms eating me." He giggled, getting hair out of my face. 

"Instead I'm in America with my beautiful wife, beautiful kids with my amazing horses and dogs, being the happiest man on the planet." He told me with a smile. "And it's all because of my wife. Who I love very much." He kissed me again, his cold hands going to the back of my neck.

"You family and my brother are coming over in an hour Tom, we don't have time." I said as I moved his hands away from my shirt. He groaned, kissing me quickly.

"I know." He grabbed my shoulders and walked with me to the house.

"Anna, would you set the dishes out please?" I asked.

"How many?" My kid asked politely.

"Twelve." I replied, handing her the plates.

"Twelve? Really?" Anna asked. I nodded.

"The four of us, Aunt Ada, Arthur, Michael, Linda, Lizzie-" she cut me off.

"Lizzie is coming?" She asked excitedly. I smiled and nodded. Lizzie and her have always got along. Lizzie was her favorite and everybody knew it.

"Odessa, Elio and Finn." I told her. She frimanced at Finn's name. She always thought he was weird.

Anna set out for the table, pulling the extended lengths out and making seat twelve instead of six. She set the plates out, the silverware, then the glasses. They were supposed to be here in ten minutes.

I changed into a nicer shirt and let my hair fall down. It was curly and white all the way down to the middle of my back. Thomas came up behind me, hugging my waist and slightly spinning me around.

"What did you do to your hair?" I smiled as I looked in the mirror. He had grown out the sides of it, making him actually have a full head. This time he gelled it back like a greaser.

"Fine said it was the style," he fixed his hair in the mirror. "You don't like it?" He asked jokingly before shaking his head and letting it fall neatly on his head. I liked this way better.

"Better." I kissed him with a smile. His lips were red from the lipstick I was wearing.

"I'm not washing my face again." He looked at me, rosy lips and everything. I took a sock from the dresser and wiped his mouth off, causing his to back away and me to giggle.

"Got it." I said. He rolled his eyes.

"You're the one that's gonna be kissing a sock mouth tonight." He retorted.

The doorbell rang, making Thomas and I look at eachother before racing to the door. He had the advantage of kids not getting in his way.

They all poured into the house, Linda and Ada immeaditly giving me a hug. Lizzie waited for her own, after Anna got hers.

Charlie hugged his uncles one by one, especially Elio. Him and I didn't talk much. Just at holidays. Or once a year like we are this year. Odessa did the same thing.

"Quite a meal you've got here, Tom." Arthur said as he sat down by his wife.

"Yeah, Tavi made me help her." Thomas smiled across the table, looking me in the eyes. We both sat at the heads of the table.

The meal was prepared, everyone started eating. Michael specifically liked the meal.

"Business is good as usual, Tom-" Thomas cut Elio off.

"There will not be any talk of business at my table. Or in my house." Thomas deadpanned. What he was basically saying was he didn't want any knowledge of it anymore.

He just wanted his family to be happy.

THE END