003. ━ doing the impossible

season six // episode seven[ doing the impossible ]

[ doing the impossible ]

❝If I can remove the impossible,
then I'm going to remove the
impossible.❞

THE INEVITABLE HAD finally happened: Ellie was on Derek's service. She loved Derek; he was like a brother to her, but... he got really annoying in surgery sometimes. Ellie stood beside Dr. Bailey while listening to the chief address them all. "Hospitals across the country have reported substantial savings..."

"How bad is it today?" Derek asked Bailey, walking up to the two.

"The chief's implementing a computer model for scheduling our surgeries from now on. Something about efficiency and progress."

"And to make sure this was the right decision," Richard continued, getting everyone's attention back. "I have enlisted one of our own to do a trial run for the last month. Dr. Sloan."

Ellie tilted her head at her brother when he is given the floor. "I know what you're all thinking. It's a machine. It doesn't know me. It doesn't know what I like. But after using this new system for the past month, I gotta say, people, I'm a convert." Ellie snorted, earning her a look from Bailey. "This computer knows me better than I know me."

"Chief," Derek said, having made his way to the front. "this thing has rearranged my schedule for the entire week. I mean, haven't we had enough change here already?"

"Change is good, everyone," Richard told the group before directing the end to the neurosurgeon. "Embrace it."

Ellie and Bailey both walked up to Derek. "You two need to stop bickering," the General surgeon said and Ellie chuckled to herself. "It's unattractive."

Derek watched her go. "Yang, Ellie. With me." He sent Cristina to prep one of his patients as he and Ellie looked at scans in the X-ray room.

"Dr. Shepherd."

"Isaac, if you don't stop calling me Dr. Shepherd, I'm seriously gonna have to cut you off."

"Right. Forgot. Derek." Isaac turned to Ellie, "Dr. Sloan, right?"

She nodded with a kind smile. "Call me Ellie."

"Okay. I have your scans, Derek."

"I didn't order any scans," Derek said with a frown.

"I think they're for a consult," Isaac replied. "But I can come back if you're busy."

He shook his head. "No, it's okay."

Isaac put them against the light and Ellie's eyes went wide at the sight. "Sweet mother of tumors. That is beautiful."

Derek chuckled at her remark. "It's a tumor on the spinal cord, possibly a hemangioblastoma."