036. ━ ambulance crash

season eight // episodes eight, nine, and ten[ ambulance crash ]

[ ambulance crash ]

❝I am not dealing with his
crankiness.❞

ELLIE HELD HER head in her hand while working on the schedule for the week and Jackson paced back and forth in her office. "Just—Just tell me I'm paranoid or something," he said, pausing to look at her.

"Okay." She glanced up from her computer with a sigh. "You're paranoid."

He nodded and sat down on the couch. "Thank you."

Ellie shrugged. "Then again, you were the one who spent the night at my apartment because she threw a softball at his girlfriend."

"Exactly!" he exclaimed, standing up and shaking his head. "No, screw this. I can't be around Sloan today. I... Just take me off of plastics for the day. I gotta clear my head."

She frowned. "No," she said and he looked back at her. "No, I am not going to rearrange the entire surgical schedule just because you're having relationship troubles. Besides, then Mark won't stop bothering me. So, suck it up."

Just then, Alex walked into the room and sat down on the couch with a sigh. "Ellie, is Robbins taking cases from you for a Polly Preston?" he asked.

"Uh, no, why?"

Jackson peeked over Ellie's shoulder at the schedule she had just finished. "Hey, uh, what are you working on today, Karev?"

"A fat lot of nothing," he replied sulkily. "Why?"

"How would you feel about a nerve graft?" Jackson asked and Ellie sighed, looking up at the man and he smiled innocently at her.

"I would feel great about a nerve graft," Alex replied and the blonde rolled her eyes when Jackson gave her his best puppy dog eyes.

"Fine," she said with a sigh, turning back to her computer. "Alex, you're on Mark's service. Jackson, enjoy the day."

"Thank you."

"But if Mark starts questioning me about why you're not on his service, he's your problem," she added as she looked back at him. "I am not dealing with his crankiness."

Jackson shrugged. "Fair enough. Thank you, Ellie."

She cracked a smile. "Yeah, yeah..."

Alex glanced between the two as Jackson walked out of the room and he looked at Ellie. "Dude, you like him."

"What?" she said with a chuckle and shook her head. "I—He's my best friend, Alex. I don't like him like that. He's just my best friend."

He hummed. "Usually people who say they're 'just friends' are usually more than just friends."

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, be quiet you," she told him, leaning back in her chair. "Go and do a surgery with my brother." She watched him close the door behind him, her mind now swirling in confusion. "No, he's just my best friend..."