{FIVE}

"Fuck off" I say after the fifth time of Matt tapping my shoulder and then moving to the other side of me. Some sort of 'trick' to annoy me.

"I said fuck off!" I burst out at him. "God, just leave me alone" I shove him while walking past him to the living room. I see concerned glances from everyone else in the kitchen. I hear most of their conversation from the couch.

"What did you do now?" I hear Nick ask. Matt's voice can be quiet at times, and this time it was, so I didn't hear him.

"Ya but that sounded like she meant it. I mean, I thought you guys might just be acting sometimes, but goddamn, she fucking hates you" Carters voice sounds like he is teasing him or something.

I stop trying to listen after that. I guess today, I was just being more...bitter? But it was fine. I preferred it that way. I did. I do. We had planned to go to the beach today, and then saw that the weather was gonna be lousy. Except we still decided to just go anyway and not swim. I stayed on the couch for a good amount of time until I couldn't take it anymore and spoke up.

"Are we going or not?" I ask.

"Ya. Calm down. Do you have any patience?" Matt sounded extra bitchy today.

"Fuck you. Your being such an asshole today" I feel myself actually get angry. He looks at me and doesn't say anything at first. Like guilt? Then his mean stare appears again. I just get up and finally walk to the car, not wanting to wait for anyone anymore. I take the seat in the third row in the back, not needing to be anywhere near Matt.

I wait for another five minutes until everyone comes out. Chris gets in the passenger seat next to Matt. Carter goes behind Matt and Nick goes behind Chris. I expect Adrianna to just go in the middle but she actually joins me in the back.

"Hey" she says as she sits down next to me. I nod my head once to imply a hi. "You good? You seem to be hating Matt more than usual today" she says quietly. I shrug, not feeling the need to speak. "Did Matt do something to you?" She asks in an angry tone.

"No Adrianna. I'm just tired" I lie. I don't even know why he was getting on my nerves today this much. I guess I just...hated him.

During the car ride, I just tried to fall asleep. I felt weirdly depressed lately or something. It happens once in a while. Especially summer depression. It's real. Trust me.

.

I woke up from my nap to someone gently whispering to me. I open my eyes, expecting to see Adrianna, but it's just Matt's blue eyes looking at me with a tender expression. He tells me we're here and I get up. I can immediately smell the ocean as the slight breeze hits. I see our group already at the sand. Did everyone else just decide to not wake me up?

"Good morning" Chris says to me as I sit down next to him. I get some of those random shivers and Chris puts his arm around me while still engaging in the conversation.

I bring my knees up to my chest and look across at Matt. He is glaring at me. He doesn't even bother to look away when I look to him. His eyes scan me up and down. I see his jaw clench a little. Why is he always so pissed off?

I get up, feeling small under Chris's arm as Matt still stares. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going. I just walk down the beach and quickly pass a corner to a space of the beach where no one is. No parking lot or buildings behind it. Just trees.

I turn around, and take in the whole scene. And then I see him. Matt walking towards me.

"What the fuck do you want?" I ask him straight to his face when he stops close in front of me.