{SIX}

I have been avoiding hanging out with the group for a few days. I just felt weird. I wasn't sure if it was good weird or bad weird, so I just labeled it as plain weird.

Was he really telling the truth? He even said horrible things about my family. Talked about my dads death. Yeah, I didn't really know him for too long, but that shit still hurts. But, hypothetically, if Eric was lying, why did he feel the need to even lie about Matt. Directly about Matt. If that kid, Eric, had a stupid crush on me, he shouldn't have to feel the need of pinning all of the "lies" on Matt.

But Matt also seemed genuinely confused when I had told him about it. Maybe he was waiting for that moment. Waiting to show of his hidden acting skills. And for what? To...kiss me or something? For all I knew, he hated me. And it was clearly reciprocated.

No matter how hard I thought, I couldn't find a good reason to as why Matt would have been telling the truth. Sitting in my empty house, while rain poured down hard, I had no conclusions. After a few minutes of convincing myself, I finally gave into me and texted him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matt

Hey

Hey?

Can I talk to u abt somethin?

Ya. Like a call?

No in person

Where?

Idk just like somewhere
at neither of our houses

U wanna drive
somewhere?

Ya

So I'll pick
you up then?

Ya ok

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was already nervous. Even after all the preparing myself for it, I still was scared. We had never been like this before. We were either friends, or just total enemies. And I was scared of what we might be next.

I waited for a few until his car pulled up in front of my house. I waited a few seconds before I opened the door and ran through the rain.

"Hey" he welcomed me. I just awkwardly smiled at him.

"So where do you want to go?" He thankfully closes the silence.

"Um,..how about to the parking garage where we filmed that one video together?" I suggested hesitantly. Even if I seemed shy on the outside, I was pissed on the inside. At myself. Why the hell was I being shy? It's Matt.

"Ya" he started driving after I put the seatbelt on. It was dark out now, and I could see the rain crashing down everywhere around me still.

"It's pretty bad rain, huh?" I tried making conversation.

"Ya. I think it's gonna be like that all night" he didn't take his eye off of me until the light turned green. We listened to the rain a bit more until we got there. We went to the top level, which was completely empty at this time of the day. Or I guess night.

Then he opened his door, stepping into the rain.

"What are you doing?" I ask, still in my seat.