{EIGHT}

It's only been 30 minutes, and I already want to go home. When we got back, about 15 minutes ago, we just went straight to the triplets house to hangout. I feel like if this was any other day, I would be excited, because I do really love my friends. I just don't know why Matt started acting so weird.

I haven't really been talking, but no one really notices at all. Matt definitely hasn't. He has been engaged in their conversation. I was just becoming more pissed off at him when each minute passed. Yet, he still manages to not pay me one bit of attention. Not one look. No glances. Not even a stupid insult. Right now, I might even prefer just going back to the hating each other rather than this weird situation.

I get sick of sitting in this room, with an angry but empty feeling that no one can know about. About a person who won't even give me the time of day.

"I'm gonna go home. See you guys tomorrow I guess" I don't bother to even look at Matt, because I know he doesn't care.

"But we like just got home" Adrianna points out.

"Ya, why are you leaving?" Nick adds.

"Just tired" but I make sure to turn and start walking, and there are no other objections.

I need to talk to Matt. I let them have another hour of hanging out till I texted Matt.

.....................................................................
Matt

I need to talk
to you

Why

Why? Are you
fucking serious

Ok I'll come over

.........................................................................

Why did he have to act so clueless? I waited for a few minutes until the knock finally came. I opened the door to Matt, who actually dared to look at me now. I stepped aside and let him in. Before he even got through the door to my room I spoke.

"Why the fuck are you acting like this?"

"Acting like what?" Oh.my.god.

"Your making me feel fucking stupid. Like seriously, is something wrong? You have been basically ignoring me all day. Out of nowhere. If there's something wrong, we can talk about it. That's what couples-" he cuts me off with his sigh. I just wait for him to say anything.

"I wasn't ignoring you" he rolls his eyes. What type of nerve does he have?

"Oh really? You wouldn't even look at me when anyone was around. Or even when no one was looking. You haven't said one word to me" and I know I sound desperate, because I am. I'm desperate for him to just engage a little with what I'm saying. Or just try for me. Or just go back to what it was the past few days.

"I don't know why your overreacting" he shrugs.

"Whats wrong?" I try to make the question as simple as I can.

"I don't want to do this anymore. I'm not doing it"

"What?" I whisper because I'm too surprised to speak up. He isn't doing this anymore. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"This sneaking around thing. The whole relationship. I'm done with it. It's stupid"

"It's stupid??" I scoff.

"Yeah. Hiding this from our friends. My brothers. Honestly, I don't know if we can even be friends at all" he says.

"So I can't be your friend. I can't be your girlfriend. Are we just back to square one? We can tell people. If that's really bothering you I will do it. For you. Really, it's ok if that's what you want" I plead.

"No, it's not gonna work. Okay?" He actually looks at me now.

"Get out" are the only two words I say. I'm giving him everything I can. I'm trying to fix the problem. Why it's not working? I have no idea. He just leaves my room and I hear my front door open and close. That's my cue that I can cry in peace.

I didn't leave my room for the wrest of the day. I felt stiff and stuck in place. Frozen. I've never been broken up with. Or broke up with anyone. I know your supposed to sit in bed and eat ice cream with your friend or something. But I didn't have ice cream. And I had no friends that could know about any of this.

I waited until the next day until I got changed. I didn't want to slug around all day. So I got up this morning and finally checked my phone. And there were texts in the group chat. From yesterday.

...................................................................
Shut up

Adrianna
So we r going to
Ziggy's party?

Chris
Blair u weren't there
but we r gonna go
to ziggys house tmrw

Carter
So you wanna go?

Adrianna
Hellllloooooo?????

Nick
Think she's asleep?

Carter
No but she better
answer soon

*

Blair
Ya I'll go. What
time?

Adrianna
Finally. At 6

Blair
Ok

............................................................

I didn't want to stay home at all. I was going to go to the party. And I feel like they would have a feeling something was up if I didn't. I didn't see Matt reply in the group chat, so was he going? I hoped not. I would much rather if he would not bother going. I wasn't going to be afraid though if he did go. I would still stand my ground. I wouldn't let that stupid, arrogant, rude -and much more mean words- kid get to me.