Chapter 10

Hey all, this is proving a little more difficult to get back into but I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please keep voting and commenting xx

Chapter 10

Once the firework display was over, the party started winding down. Beth persuaded Liam that they could safely leave the girls now that most of the guests had gone.

 Morwenna had finished saying her goodbyes and made her way over to Trystan. He was so engrossed in packing up his gear, he jumped slightly when she slid her hands around his waist from behind.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

Trystan looked over his shoulder and grinned at her. "It was a nice surprise."

"Do you need a hand with anything?"

"You can help me load the van if you want." He replied, as he twisted round in her arms.

Sliding her hands up his chest, she pulled him in for a quick kiss. "Ok."

When everything was loaded, Trystan leaned against the side of his van and pulled her in for another kiss.

As they broke apart, Morwenna sighed.

"What's the matter?" He asked as he nuzzled her neck.

"Do you have to leave?" She blurted out.

He lifted his head and looked into her eyes. "Not if you don't want me to."

She hoped he couldn't see the blush on her cheeks in the moonlight. But she really didn't want the night to end. It felt so right being in his warm embrace.

"Can we go somewhere and talk for a bit?"

"Ok." He replied as he stood up straight and took her hand. "Lead the way."

There was only one place that Morwenna knew they would get any privacy, So she led him down the little path towards the stone circle.

Sitting down on the flat stone in the middle, she watched as Trystan turned slowly, taking in the stones.

"What is this place?"

"It's an ancient stone circle, it has magical powers."

He didn't miss the fact that she said 'it has' rather than 'it's supposed to have' magical powers.

"So you believe in all that stuff then?"

"Living in Cornwall it's hard not to believe. Surely you must be aware of all the Cornish folklore?"

He sat down beside her and put an arm around her shoulders.

"You mean Piskies and fairies?" He chuckled.

She stiffened slightly as he spoke and he turned to look at her. The moonlight shone over them and her features took on an almost ethereal glow. Her green eyes sparkled and took on the same colour as the gem around her neck.

"Don't be so quick to dismiss things you don't understand." She whispered.

Their gazes locked for a few seconds and something passed between them.

"I'm not dismissing it and contrary to what my father would like, I have always kept an open mind."

Morwenna noticed a shadow cross his face when he mentioned his father and decided to dig a little deeper.