Chapter 4

Chapter 4 

"Mor.... Morwenna.....wake up baby." The sound of Beth's voice started to penetrate the darkness that had engulfed her. She groaned as her eyes fluttered open, her head ached and her eyes felt sore from crying. 

"I still think we should call a doctor." Liam's worried voice drifted into earshot. 

"She will be ok Liam, I thought the necklace would stop this, but something very strong must have triggered this vision." Jory replied. 

"What the hell are you talking about? And how come I don't know anything about this?" Liam's voice was getting louder the angrier he got. "You had better tell me what's going on Jory and if I find out you've been meddling again, I won't be held responsible for my actions." He growled. 

Morwenna had heard enough, she raised her head and spoke in a croaky voice. 

"Dad, please don't shout I'm fine."  

Beth held a cold flannel on her forehead and tried to get her to lie back, but she was having none of it. She pushed up on shaky arms into a sitting position on the couch, looking around her as she realised she was back in the farmhouse. 

"How did I get here? The last thing I remember is talking to Trystan." 

"Ah, he would be the hunk who carried you back here." Beth smiled at her daughter and didn't miss the flush that crept over her cheeks. 

Liam bent down beside Beth and took a long look at his daughter, her face looked a little flushed but she appeared none the worse for her blackout. 

"How are you feeling? You scared the shit out of us Mor. I still think we should at least take you to the hospital to get you checked over."  

"No Dad I'm fine, just a bit shaken up. It's probably just all the excitement of the party, I haven't eaten anything today." The excuse rolled off her tongue, there was no way she was going to start talking about the weird vision she'd had. 

Liam searched her face, when he felt satisfied with what she'd said he stood up. But he still intended to have words with the pesky Piskie. He had a feeling that there was more to Mor's collapse than either she or Jory were letting on. 

"I'm going to check on the preparations as it's getting late, you rest there until you feel well enough to join the party." He spoke gruffly in an attempt to hide the worry about his daughter, but Beth wasn't fooled. 

"Don't worry Liam, I'll stay with her until I'm happy that she's well enough to join the party." Liam's reply was interrupted by Tregereth and Ailla pushing passed him in the doorway. 

"Mor, are you ok? We were so worried." Ailla sank down beside her and grabbed her hand. 

"I've made you an herbal tea, it will help soothe your head." Tregereth pushed a cup of something that smelt like cat's pee under Morwenna's nose. 

Morwenna grimaced as she pushed the cup away. "Tre, I'm convinced you're trying to poison me. What is that, it stinks?" 

Tregereth frowned at her sister's reaction, "its catnip tea it helps soothe troubled minds." 

Ailla put a hand on each of her sister's arms. "I know you mean well Tre, but I think Mor's feeling a lot better and that stuff does smell a bit weird." She tried to take the edge off her words with a smile and squeezed her sister's arm. 

"Hmph, I was only trying to help." She pushed her bottom lip out in a fake pout, there was no way she was going to have an argument with her sister's before the party.