Chapter 6

So I finally finished another chapter, I'm so sorry for the delay. I hope it was worth the wait. 

Keep voting and commenting, I try to reply to as many of you as I can. xo

Chapter 6 

Once Trish and her family had freshened up it was time to head over to the marquee and greet the rest of their guests. 

"Wow this is amazing." Trish gasped as she took in all the decorations and lights. 

"We thought it was rather apt to go with the magical theme." Beth replied, but her smiled faded as she remembered the conversation with Jory earlier. "Although now all I want to do is forget about magic." 

Trish put her arm around Beth's shoulders. "Let's go get a drink and you can tell me what happened." 

She looked at Trish then at Liam. "It's ok you need to talk to Trish, we've got a while before we sit down to eat. I'll stay here with the girls and greet our guests." 

Beth hugged him and gave him a quick kiss. "Thank you." 

Liam watched his wife walk over to the bar, a slight frown marring his handsome features. He knew it would do Beth good to vent to her best friend, but he was still worried about what effect the latest revelations would have on her. His thoughts were rudely interrupted by the high pitched squeals of his daughters, as they welcomed some of their college friends to the party. He looked over the crowd of young adults, and recognised some faces from the village along with others he had never met. Although he trusted his daughter's judgement when it came to their friends, he hoped that things didn't get out of hand with all the alcohol available. 

He rubbed his face with his hands and thought ruefully about the things that he had got up to at their age. But that just made him feel worse, so he gave a few of the guys that were huddled around his daughters a hard stare before walking away. "God I must be getting old." He muttered as he looked around for Joe and Rory. 

Once all the guests had arrived, they sat down to eat. The music was turned down to a more acceptable level and was overshadowed by laughing, glasses clinking and the odd party popper being set off prematurely. The triplets sat at separate tables with their best friends, but soon got up to wander round and chat at the other tables. 

Liam and Beth sat with, Rory, Ginny, Trish, Rob, Joe and Alison. 

He relaxed a little when he saw that Beth seemed a little happier after her chat with Trish. He even teased Rory about his reaction towards his daughter's boyfriends. He kept glaring over at their table whenever the girls laughed at something the boys had done. Ginny kept nudging him to make him turn round and leave the girls alone. 

"I think the medieval knights had the right idea with chastity belts mate." Liam sighed. 

"Now there's an idea." Rory replied through gritted teeth. 

Beth and Ginny turned to their husbands in shock. 

"Since when did you two turn into grumpy old men?" Beth joked. 

"I can't believe you two are getting your boxers in a twist over this." Trish remarked. 

"It's easy for you to talk, you only have boys." Rory retorted.. 

Beth turned on Rory, clearly annoyed at his remark. "Oh so it's ok for the boys to do what they want because they're one of the lads, but the girls have to behave. I never took you for a sexist pig Rory."