Chapter 5

I'm sorry this has taken a while and isn't that long, but hopefully I have my head back in the right place for writing and updates willl be faster. Thank you for all your support and patience.

Chapter 5 

Morwenna looked up as Trystan walked into the living room, as her eyes met his she felt the colour rise in her cheeks. He stood with his hands in the front pockets of his jeans and gave her a shy smile. 

"Hey." 

"Hey Trystan." Morwenna replied in a whisper. 

He shifted uncomfortably and scratched the back of his head. 

"I'm glad you're ok, you had me worried there for a minute." 

"I'm good and thanks for helping me, I'm just so embarrassed that I did that." She looked down at her lap and fiddled with the hem of her dress. 

"Don't worry about it, as long as you're not hurt or anything and um....it's not every day I have a girl falling at my feet." He chuckled. 

"You could have fooled me." Tregereth muttered from the doorway, which made Ailla giggle. Morwenna's head snapped up as she realised her sisters were eaves dropping. She gave them both a look that said they were so dead. They stifled more giggles before disappearing into the kitchen. Trystan either didn't notice or decided to ignore them as he continued to stare at Morwenna. The silence dragged on between them until eventually he cleared his throat and spoke again. 

"So um, will you be well enough to come to the party then?" 

She was so wrapped up in his eyes that it took a moment for his question to register. When the fog in her brain finally cleared, she realised that he was waiting for an answer. 

"What? Oh the party, yes I'm fine now, wild horses couldn't keep me away." 

"Great, well I had better finish setting up my gear." He smiled and turned to leave. 

"Trystan, wait." Morwenna stood up and walked towards him, she raised a tentative hand and touched his arm. She flinched slightly, afraid that the connection might trigger what happened before, but she had to know. He turned his head and held her gaze as her hand grazed his skin with a feather like touch. She froze as his dark eyes pierced hers, bracing herself for another weird vision, but it didn't come. She let out the breath she was holding and he gave her a puzzled frown. 

"I just wanted to say thank you for what you did." She gave him a shy smile and backed away. 

"You're welcome." He grinned and walked off. 

As soon as he had left, Tregereth and Ailla bounced back into the room ready to tease their sister. They stopped short when they saw her standing in the middle of the room with a faraway look in her eyes. 

"Oh my." Ailla whispered. 

Tregereth looked between her and Morwenna in confusion. "What?" 

"Mor's got it bad for mister tall dark and handsome." Ailla sighed. 

Morwenna's eyes came back into focus as she heard her sister's comment. 

"What are you two staring at?" 

"Our love struck sister apparently." Tregereth chuckled. 

Morwenna put her hands on her hips and glared at them. "I have no idea what you're talking about." 

"Oh come on, you were practically drooling over the poor guy." Tregereth exclaimed. 

"I was not. I just wanted to thank him for what he did." Her sister's didn't miss the way her cheeks flushed as she spoke, and were about to give her a hard time when Beth called from the kitchen. 

"Hey girls, Trish and her brood have arrived. Come and say hello." 

Morwenna seized the chance to escape her sister's interrogation and shot out of the door. 

"Yay, Auntie Trish, now the party can really get started." She whooped as she ran to the yard. 

Beth gave her best friend a hug as the rest of her family got out of the car. 

"Hey girl, looking good, as always." Trish said as she pulled back to take a good look at her friend. 

"You're wearing pretty well yourself." Beth laughed. 

"Well thank you my friend, but tell me why your hunk of a husband was stalking off towards the field with a face like thunder." 

Beth heard her daughters coming towards them, so hurriedly leant in to hug Trish again. 

"I'll tell you later, let's just say the meddling Piskies have struck again." 

Trish frowned but didn't get a chance to say anything as she was swamped by three squealing teenagers. 

Her husband and sons looked on in amusement as all three spoke at once, vying for Trish's attention. 

"Hey Rob, welcome to the madhouse again." Beth walked over and gave him a hug. 

"Nothing changes I see." He laughed and hugged Beth back. 

Beth winked and turned to the two strapping guys leaning against the car. 

"I swear you two keep growing, this is so unfair. Come on boys let's get you settled in the house." 

They grinned and started to walk towards the farmhouse but were stopped in their tracks by Tregereth. "Nick, Steve, it's so good to see you again." She gave them both a hug and Beth smirked as they gave her an awkward embrace back. At twenty and twenty two they were obviously very aware of how her daughters had blossomed in the last year. Beth also had to admit that the two boys were very easy on the eye. With their father's height and chiselled features but Trish's bright blue eyes and chestnut brown hair, they were too handsome for their own good. 

Beth sighed, seeing her and Trish's kids all grown up really brought home how many years had passed since she first came to the village.  

"Hey are you ok?" Trish put an arm round Beth's shoulder. 

"I'm fine, just wondering where all the years went." She smiled at her friend. 

"Don't get me started on that topic. I think it's time to get this party started so we can drown our sorrows." She grinned and started to pull Beth towards the house. 

"Sounds like a plan." Beth replied.