Chapter 3

Chapter 3 

Morwenna raced across the yard towards the field where the marquee stood. She was oblivious to the admiring glances she was receiving from a few of the male catering staff. Her long auburn hair whipped behind her as she ran, and the knee length emerald green dress accentuated her body in all the right places.  

The marquee was a hive of activity as the caterers worked efficiently, setting up tables around the edge of a black and white chequered dance floor. 

The inside was decorated with swathes of midnight blue cloth that contained thousands of star-like lights. Combined with purple uplighters the atmosphere was magical. White tablecloths were being smoothed over the tables as the staff laid out the silver cutlery and crystal glasses. 

Walking to the centre of the dance floor, she spread her arms and twirled round as the excitement of the coming event took hold of her. 

Rory stood by the bar that he had been helping set up, smiling at the sight of his god daughter spinning round, her head flung back. He didn't miss the way most of the guys in the marquee froze, as if mesmerized by the sight of the auburn haired beauty in their midst. He hoped he wouldn't have to break some heads later when the guests had a few beers inside them. 

Ginny nudged him in the ribs. "Earth to Rory." 

He spun round and grabbed her waist and gave her a quick kiss. "What sweet cheeks?" 

She slapped his arm as she pulled away. "Will you behave and stop ogling your god daughter. I can't even begin to define how wrong that is on so many levels." 

He put his hands up in defence. "Hey, cut your man some slack. I wasn't ogling her as you called it. I was just thinking about how many guys I'm going to have to punch to protect her." 

"I wouldn't worry about that, Mor's got her head screwed on, even if she is unaware of the effect she has on guys. Anyway, you will have to get in line behind Liam when it comes to protecting her." She chuckled. 

"Yeah, well I know how he feels. If any guy touched our girls I'd kill them." He growled as his fatherly protectiveness showed itself. 

"Well just try to hold back on the cave man act will you, I already told you that they're both bringing dates tonight. I don't want you scaring them away." She glared at him, her arms folded. 

"Ok, I get the message, but any funny business and all bets are off. I remember how I was at that age, hormones raging and chasing after every piece of skirt that came my way." 

"So do I." Ginny scowled at him. "It's a good job you had calmed down by the time we finally got together, otherwise we wouldn't be stood here having this conversation." 

Rory smirked and grabbed her again, he pulled her in close and whispered in her ear. 

"I admit it took me a while to see what was staring me in the face, but you know how hard I fell for you baby and you still set my hormones on fire." He groaned as he kissed her and she melted in his arms. 

He was rudely interrupted from deepening the kiss by a tap on his shoulder. Holding Ginny tight he turned his head to see Morwenna frowning at them. 

"Is it something in the air today?" She asked with a wry smile. 

Rory looked at Ginny in confusion, but she just shrugged her shoulders. He let go of her and turned to face Morwenna. 

"What's up red?" 

She sighed at hearing his nickname for her, well for all of them. She was sure he used it just in case he got confused over which triplet he was talking to. 

"I have just escaped the house because mum and dad were almost having sex in the kitchen, now this." She waved her hand at them. 

Rory chuckled and Ginny grinned at the look of disgust on Morwenna's face. 

"So you're not so hot on pda's?" He gave her a cheeky nudge. 

"Not when it's my parents and god parents, who are publicly groping each other." She huffed. 

"Now that sounds so wrong." Rory laughed. 

Ginny slapped him again. "Behave you oaf, stop embarrassing Mor." 

"It's ok Ginny, I should be used to it by now and I fell right into that one. So, I'll leave you two to cool down a bit, I was headed to see the DJ anyway." She turned on her heel and stalked off towards the stage. 

Ginny gave Rory a stern look as he was making a poor attempt at masking the cheeky grin on his face. "Get back to work you idiot, I'm going to see how Beth is doing." 

"Make sure you knock first, they could be....busy." He burst out laughing again as she flipped him the finger and marched off. 

Morwenna stopped by the side of the guy setting up his equipment, waiting for a chance to introduce herself. She didn't mind the wait, it gave her time to study him as he crouched down plugging wires into some sort of amplifier. Even though she had been telling the truth when she told her parents she didn't have much interest in guys, she wasn't immune to the sight of a good looking guy.  From what she could see so far, she didn't think she would be disappointed when he stood up and turned round.  

His head was covered by a baseball cap, showing only a little of his short black hair at the base of his neck. His broad shoulders were covered by a black t-shirt, the short sleeves accentuated the size of his biceps. Both of which were ringed with armband tattoos in some kind of Celtic design. The t-shirt hugged his back and tapered down to a narrow waist, disappearing into stone washed jeans that hugged his backside. Even his legs looked muscular under the denim, his thigh muscles appeared thick and solid and he crouched down. Morwenna sighed at the sight and guessed he must work out. 

She hadn't realised that she had made the sound, until she noticed his muscles tense as he stopped what he was doing. He turned his head and looked up at her, his eyes hidden by the peak of his cap. But she didn't miss the twitch of his lips as he rightly assumed that she had been checking him out. She felt the colour rising up her neck to her cheeks and tried desperately to sound unflustered as she spoke. 

"Erm hi, I...I'm Morwenna." Yeah she thought, not flustered at all. 

He stood up slowly, his thigh muscles flexing under the denim that covered them. Her eyes couldn't help following  those legs up as he rose, and she felt her flush growing deeper as she noticed how well his jeans accentuated the bulge around his groin. She continued to follow his body as he stood, and could only guess at the well-defined abs underneath that oh so tight t-shirt, that stretched across his chest. Feeling a little breathless, her eyes travelled further up his neck and over his jaw line, lingering at the full lips that were set in a cocky smirk. When her head rose to meet his eyes, she knew she was lost. They were such a dark brown, it was hard to see where the iris stopped and the pupil began, giving them the impression of being black. 

He raised an eyebrow in amusement as she continued to stare up at him, she thought he must have been at least 6'2" or more as he towered over her. 

She hadn't realised how long she had been locked in his gaze until he cleared his throat, held out his hand and spoke. "Trystan." His voice was deep and so sexy. 

She blinked and tried to gather her senses as she held out her hand, his hand wrapped around hers in a firm grip as he shook it. She opened her mouth to reply, but was suddenly gripped by a throbbing in her head that made her double over. Images flashed through her mind as she crumbled, unaware of Trystan grabbing her before she hit the floor. 

One minute she was at the preparations for her party, the next she was standing in the middle of the stone circle in a fierce rain storm, thunder and lightning roaring around her. The rain that ran down her face mixed with her tears as she screamed out Trystan's name. Sobbing uncontrollably she fell to her knees and crumpled in a miserable heap on the wet ground.