Chapter 7

Yes I know this is short, but at least I am writing again. I thought it was better to post this first and continue on with a new chapter. Thank you again for all your support, hopefully now I am feeling a bit better the words will flow again. xx

Chapter 7 

Trystan looked up from his decks and smiled as Morwenna jumped up on stage. 

"Hey." She said and gave him a shy smile. 

"How's the birthday girl?" 

"A bit overwhelmed by our present actually, we had no idea that was why Dad was fixing up the cottage." 

"It must be nice to have such great parents." 

She noticed something flash in his eyes as he said this, but it disappeared so quickly she began to wonder if she had imagined it. 

"I suppose." She shrugged. 

"So, do you get a break any time soon?" 

"I have some mixes I can put on, so yeah I can take a break, why?" 

"Cool, I just wondered if you fancied having a chat or something." Her voice trailed off as colour flooded her cheeks. 

"I would like that." His gaze met hers and she lost herself in those dark pools. 

When Trystan cleared his throat and looked away she came back to earth with a jolt. Her cheeks flushed and she bent her head, suddenly finding the floor really interesting. 

When Trystan finished sorting the mix on his desk he grabbed her hand. 

"Come on, let's get some fresh air." He said as he pulled her towards the exit. 

She flinched as his hand touched hers, but relaxed when nothing happened except for a slight tingling sensation. 

His steps faltered and he looked back at her, his eyes searching her face for any sign of a repeat of what happened earlier. 

She just shook her head and smiled at him and they continued on their way. 

They walked in silence across the moonlit field, until they found some straw bales that Liam had left around for guests. 

Once they were settled Trystan cleared his throat nervously. 

"So erm, I'm not going to ask you about what happened earlier. I just hope that it hasn't spoilt my chances of seeing you again after tonight." 

Morwenna had been staring up at the stars when he spoke and she turned her head to look at him. 

"I'm sorry about that and believe me it wasn't your fault, even if I did explain it, you would probably think I'm crazy." 

"I doubt that." Trystan chuckled. "But we can forget about it for now and see how things go. If in the future you feel you want to tell me, I promise to keep an open mind." 

Morwenna cringed at the thought of trying to explain to him about her unusual family and their friends. But she decided not to worry about that until the time came. 

She smiled at him and squeezed his hand. "I would like that." 

He grinned, leant over and gave her a quick kiss. "Great." 

Stunned, all she could do was stare at him, and then she raised a hand and traced her fingers over her tingling lips. 

Trystan shifted uncomfortably under her gaze. "I'm sorry." He whispered. 

"Don't be, I liked it." She replied as she put her hands around his neck and pulled him towards her. 

As their lips touched, he wrapped his arms around her and any nerves she may have felt melted away. Trystan didn't demand more than she was willing to give, gently pushing her lips apart as he felt her relax. He ran his tongue over her lips and only deepened the kiss when she moaned in response. He ran his hands down her neck and over her shoulders, making her tremble. Her fingers ran through his hair as she held him, wanting to keep him there forever. 

They were lost in each other as the music and noise of the party faded away. Nothing mattered, it was if time stood still and they were in a world of their own. 

When Morwenna first heard her name being called she thought it was Trystan, it took a while for her to realise it was the voice of one of her sisters. Even then, she was reluctant to pull away from him. In fact, he was the one who broke the kiss when he realised they were no longer alone. But his eyes didn't leave hers as they sat in stunned silence. 

"Well, as much as I don't want to interrupt you two love birds, I'm afraid I must." 

They both turned to see Ailla smiling at them, her eyes apologetic. 

Morwenna mentally shook herself out of her stupor and cleared her throat. 

"So um, what's up Ailla?" 

"Apart from the obvious?" Ailla scoffed, as Trystan stifled a laugh. 

Morwenna just glared at her sister, who waved her hands as if to dismiss her previous comment. 

"Anyway, I came to tell you it's time." 

"Time for what?" Morwenna asked. Her mind was so overloaded from 'the kiss' that she had no idea what her sister was talking about. 

Ailla shifted uncomfortably and glared at her. 

"Our meeting, you know the one with mum and dad?" There was no way she could say anything else in front of Trystan. 

Morwenna tried to push the fog out of her brain, so that she could work out what her sister was getting at. Then it all came flooding back, the meeting at the stones. 

"Oh right, yeah, that meeting." She turned to Trystan who hadn't missed how her body had tensed when she spoke. "I have to go for a bit, it's erm a family thing, but we will all be back at the party later." 

He searched her face for any clue as to why she seemed agitated about the meeting. She just held his stare and smiled. 

"Ok, I had better get back to doing my job anyway. I'll see you later?" 

"Of course you will, I'll be back as soon as I can." She replied, as she leant in to give him a quick kiss before standing up and following her sister back towards the marquee.